Nobody told me I will have to fight

General discussion about the game.
UberFubarius

Re: Nobody told me I will have to fight

Postby UberFubarius » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Hm... I made a suggestion for a hacking module before...
Perhaps a module for a "peaceful" end of the boss.
Hacking Module (replace another subsystem?) - Upon entering combat, hacking module will start to "hack" enemy vessel. Every 40/30/20 seconds (depending on level), the hacking module will permanently disable a power-bar from the enemy ship. If ALL power-bars are disabled on the enemy ship and no crew is alive, you're considered victorious.

Of course, against boss ship it became a waiting game.
Old Uncle Midwinter

Postby Old Uncle Midwinter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:51 am

Hmn... I like both those suggestions, UltraMantis, UberFubarius. I think there should plain and simple be *more* you can do with the final boss. More options, more chances of success, more failure. Right now it's too much if you have a good run, you win handily. If you had a bad run, less so. Maybe the Rebel Flagship has a random chance of splitting into different, more dangerous forms, so predicting which weapons and augmentations are best becomes more difficult?
UglyMug

Postby UglyMug » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 am

Diplomacy option. Peace and love for everyone.

Maybe you get a special gun that shoots unicorns and rainbows. Hit the Boss enough times with it and you become friends.
embair

Postby embair » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 am

For anyone wondering how the battle turned out, it was quite dramatic:

1. Flagship engages stealth. We're sitting there waiting.
2. Flagship pops out of stealth. I engage my own stealth to buy myself more time to think. We're still sitting there waiting.
3. I pop out of stealth. Suddenly I realize that the career of federation flotilla commander isn't really for me. There's barely time to broadcast "Sorry guys, I quit" on general frequencies before I fire the FTL.
4. I sell the DA-SR2 on black market, share the profit with my crew members and we live happily ever after on a certain god forsaken moon far from the eyes of both rebels and federation. THE END

On a slightly more serious note, it would be nice if there was some "lesser" ending you could opt for if you are well aware that you have no chance to beat the boss. I mean when you reached last stand, who of us didn't want to say something along the lines "So I risked my life countless times to deliver this intel againts all odds, and instead of burrying me under medals, you want ME to win your war? No thanks, find some other idiot for that one."

Edit: Btw, funniest encounter on that run was when pirates offered to bribe me for leaving them alone. Can do! :D