Mantis Warship?

General discussion about the game.
Magnianhk

Re: Mantis Warship?

Postby Magnianhk » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Repelling boarders, as with all things in this game, really depends on your crew and your ship upgrades, and if you are under fire by the other ship.

If the other ship is shooting at you, the first thing you want to focus on is disabling its weapons. If you are taking damage to your systems while you have boarders you are going to lose...
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:48 pm

robochibi wrote:Some kind of Mantis Warship that happen to beam aboard 4 mantis.

Happened to me today. I've seen up to 5 human boarders in nebulas, with no ship. But outside the 4 mantises and their ship are formidable. As it's been said, I had doors 2 and evacuated everyone in the rooms beyond the sickbay. But note that you shouldn't just open all doors to vent air: your goal is to vent it, but still give the boarders as many locked doors to break as possible.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 pm

When you hover mouse pointer over enemies (and your crew) you can see their hlt and (sometimes) name.
The difference is:
- enemies with a name are part of crew of the enemy ship and then they've attacked you via teleporter. Their ship will teleport them back once they're hurt.
- enemies without a name were created on board of your ship by an event. They will fight to death, as they don't have any ship to escape to.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Level 3 doors makes every boarder ship easy as hell to deal with. As soon as you see they have a teleporter, start venting your entire ship. As soon as they board, lock them in whatever room they appear in and continue venting every room in their path. Now lock all the doors (including the airlocks, they've done their job) and kill the O2 so they don't repressurize. Bam, dead boarding party. Just don't forget to turn the O2 back on when they're dead. It's possible to do this with only level 2 doors as well, though they'll break through quite a bit more so you'll have to potentially vent more rooms, but it's definitely possible. I've never even had to fight any boarders since I've started doing this. People say it's dangerous, but it's really not. Boarders absolutely refuse to stay in an airless room, so even if they board in a room with a system, they'll prioritize getting out. I've lost doors, medbay, and O2 before while doing this and I can still manage to repair all of the systems before suffocating. The only way you can't is if you have a crew full of mantis, but then, you wouldn't be having this problem if you had a crew full of mantis.
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am

Aerowind wrote:Level 3 doors makes every boarder ship easy as hell to deal with. As soon as you see they have a teleporter, start venting your entire ship. As soon as they board, lock them in whatever room they appear in and continue venting every room in their path. Now lock all the doors (including the airlocks, they've done their job) and kill the O2 so they don't repressurize. Bam, dead boarding party. Just don't forget to turn the O2 back on when they're dead. It's possible to do this with only level 2 doors as well, though they'll break through quite a bit more so you'll have to potentially vent more rooms, but it's definitely possible. I've never even had to fight any boarders since I've started doing this. People say it's dangerous, but it's really not. Boarders absolutely refuse to stay in an airless room, so even if they board in a room with a system, they'll prioritize getting out. I've lost doors, medbay, and O2 before while doing this and I can still manage to repair all of the systems before suffocating. The only way you can't is if you have a crew full of mantis, but then, you wouldn't be having this problem if you had a crew full of mantis.

Ah a crew full of mantis, how screwed u would be lol :D
Sometimes this game screws u over, and if u r unprepared for a 4 mantis boarding party, then that is just another way it can achieve its goal.
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
robochibi

Postby robochibi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:11 am

The Medbay is where they beamed aboard
Wilburforce

Postby Wilburforce » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:03 am

Then fight them in there! That's an un-winnable fight for them. Even four of them.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 am

Wilburforce wrote:Then fight them in there! That's an un-winnable fight for them. Even four of them.

Not at all. 3 Mantis in lvl1 MedBay can kill your guys quick enough if you're unlucky. Fully leveled up Mantis boarders will kill unskilled non-Mantis crew even in a lvl2 MedBay. :( They are vicious.

If that happens to you, the best thing to do is to let them have the MedBay, retreat and wait for them to go wreck some other system, repair and try to fight them elsewhere. As long as you can keep going back to the MedBay, you'll eventually wear them out. And if 2 are busy in a 2-space room, 1 will be left alone...
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.