Difficulty Elements

General discussion about the game.
katiequinn

Difficulty Elements

Postby katiequinn » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:43 am

ather than have just two options for difficulty, Easy and Normal, I would like to see individual game elements have difficulty settings, in a "Custom Difficulty" menu:

Enemies - Easy/Normal/Hard
- Determines the difficulty of generated enemies as you progress
Rebels - Easy/Normal/Hard
- Determines how fast the enemy fleet advances through each sector
Scrap - Easy/Normal/Hard
- Determines starting scrap and how much scrap is earned at each encounter

This could allow for some fun game modes:
Explorer - Normal Enemies, Easy Rebels, Hard Scrap - You have to explore more areas to earn your way.
Race - Normal Enemies, Easy Scrap, Hard Rebels - You gotta blast your way forward, and fast!
CaptainC

Re: Difficulty Elements

Postby CaptainC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Hello! I'm sure that this reply is a little bit too late, but I suggest searching through the Completed Mod threads on the FTL forums to find more specific challenges. I don't believe that what you asked for in particular exists or will exist any time soon, but perhaps mods exist which would satisfy some of what you are looking for. Rather recently, I read an extensive list of mods by one person whose name I don't remember which had many challenges and changes which may satisfy you. I also suggest the Inconvenient Incidents and Vicious Vessels mods, which would specifically increase enemy ship difficulty without affecting scrap or score accumulation.
I am so thankful for the existence of hyperspace :)
If anyone wants crew sprites for a mod, let me know! I'll be happy to look into it for you, if I can.