Online Multiplayer Mode Idea

General discussion about the game.
sharmaamit

Re: Online Multiplayer Mode Idea

Postby sharmaamit » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:04 pm

After looking over a handful of the articles on your blog, I really appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I saved it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future.
https://cartoonhdios.org
Dreds

Postby Dreds » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:35 pm

I dream about multiplayer
VitaliusSch

Postby VitaliusSch » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 pm

sharmaamit wrote:After looking over a handful of the articles on your blog, I really appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I saved it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future.
https://cartoonhdios.org

I'm very happy about it :D

Dreds wrote:I dream about multiplayer

I too :)
VitaliusSch

Postby VitaliusSch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 pm

Hello there!
I think about multiplayer and I find it very difficult task. Help me with a difficult decision.
Which of the following options is more interesting?
1) Multiplayer PVE (my friends and I play on one server, open events, but we can't jump into an already opened beacon)
2) Multiplayer PVP (my friends and I play on the same server, open events, can jump into a beacon and fight 1vs1, 1vs2 or 2vs2)
3) Multiplayer Co-op like in Hurray

:idea:
kopety

Postby kopety » Mon May 07, 2018 3:59 pm

This swtich modes are reallly great
It would be worth learning a little bit more about the exchange and trading system between players.
The matter is so complicated that it is worth investing in knowledge and guides and builds for the Path of Exile.
I respect the creators of this forum very much, I hope that everything fits.
That is why it is best to buy poe currency and be happy with currency poe currency
bolek

Postby bolek » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:05 am

Multiplayer mode is that thing I am waiting for.

For me all multiplayer options are awesome. I know that it is a lot of work but we do not need to have everything in one time. You can make it in several different patches.
Just imagine a situation that company like a blizzard releases all wow mounts and wow items in one time. It is impossible. The cycle of life product should be evolving all the time to the end of the final product. Game-dev is very hard industry because everything is you do you can do again and better. So there is no end. End mean end of life.
Last edited by bolek on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
VitaliusSch

Postby VitaliusSch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:16 pm

bolek wrote:Multiplayer mode is that thing I am waiting for.

Good! I need more time :) Maybe all this year :oops:
VitaliusSch

Postby VitaliusSch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:02 pm

First shooting
FrozenPhoton

Postby FrozenPhoton » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:09 pm

VitaliusSch wrote:Hello there!
I think about multiplayer and I find it very difficult task. Help me with a difficult decision.
Which of the following options is more interesting?
1) Multiplayer PVE (my friends and I play on one server, open events, but we can't jump into an already opened beacon)
2) Multiplayer PVP (my friends and I play on the same server, open events, can jump into a beacon and fight 1vs1, 1vs2 or 2vs2)
3) Multiplayer Co-op like in Hurray

:idea:

2 for sure! tbh though, all three would be easy enough once you have the base code down.
You and the other players stat in the same universe. For co-op you have the ability to share items and currency if both players are at a station (or maybe even if they have a special tool that allows for items to be teleported if you are just sharing a beacon with someone) For each player added, the difficulty increases as well. (also maybe for 3 and four player games, the chance for multiple enemies at one beacon goes up)

PVP would just be a race to see who can kill the end boss first, or who gets the furthest. You could fight other players though, and if you kill them all you win that way too. It would be possible for there to even be teams.
I think to keep it balanced, everyone could move at once, but they can not enter the next beacon until every other player has entered hyper drive... they could even have limited interaction with the other players beacons and get upgrades for that as they go (think launching a satellite to other players that allows you to help or hinder them in some small way while you are waiting for them to enter FTL so everyone can take their next turn)
VitaliusSch

Postby VitaliusSch » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm sooo sorry :oops:, but I can’t create a multiplayer game at the moment.
For a good multiplayer game, I need a good server, for which I do not have funds yet. :cry:
I plan to continue working on multiplayer after a single player game.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)