(IDEA) Taking over pirate ships?

General discussion about the game.
chromeboy42

(IDEA) Taking over pirate ships?

Postby chromeboy42 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:03 am

Hello fellow FTL players!

Just wanted to tell about an Idea that the devs could/should implement. The basic idea came about when my mantis ship blew up, but 2 of my crew were on a pirate ship still. The idea itself would be, if you lose your ship, but you still have crew on your enemies ship then you could keep fighting the enemies on their ship. You would most likely die, but if you did take out all the pirates then you could use their ship for the rest of the game. It would really add a awesome element of jumping ships to the game. You could also potentially take a ship even if you still have your ship, you would just have to choose which ship you want. This would add the ability to get extra ships like the rebel scout, and they could effect the game depending on what type of ship it is. i.e. if you take over a rebel scout then the rebels won't attack you, but the federation will!
F1R3_F1R3

Re: (IDEA) Taking over pirate ships?

Postby F1R3_F1R3 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:16 am

really clever idea but it would probably be very hard to code :P
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am

Baby steps developers already have a starshipload of ideas and moderns haven't reached this point
chromeboy42

Postby chromeboy42 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:06 pm

I know it might take awhile to implement, but it will definitely be worth it if it is put into the game.
Cthulhus

Postby Cthulhus » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:42 pm

That's a good idea indeed, yes, taking an enemi ship can be very nice !

You can start with a small ship, attack a bigger one and take the control !
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Sounds pretty sweet. I've love to roll in a Mantis bomber some time.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 pm

enemy ships don't have airlocks or sensors.

A lot of the ships don't have enough rooms to have every system. And because they have less rooms it is more likely that your subsystems will be hit when you get shot by the enemies.
XxTechnoguyxX

Postby XxTechnoguyxX » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Who cares about jamming all possible systems into a ship? It's (or was) their ship, not yours. Plus, I think flying around in an authentic Federation scout or some such thing would be quite fun.
Paul

Postby Paul » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:46 pm

I think not having certain systems could be more of a challenge- or they could be purchased in stores, or even, if the player ship is intact, moved across? and perhaps some ships, (EG mantis bomber size) could be unlocked as optional player ships by beating the flagship piloting one! Obviously this wouldn't work for some of the unmanned ships!