Your dumbest FTL moments

General discussion about the game.
Mottikhan

Re: Your dumbest FTL moments

Postby Mottikhan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Mine was centered around boarders too. I sent my veteran Mantis team over to a damaged ship and forgot to turn autofire off. Blew them up with the ship.

I replaced the Mantis crew with my repair team, a human and an Engi. A few jumps later and I sent them to a ship that was powering up its FTL drive. I thought I'd have enough time to disable their helm, but watched as the ship transitioned away.

Both errors in the same game last night. I made it to the boss, but only survived his first appearance. Got blown away pretty handily on the second.
tour86rocker

Postby tour86rocker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm

I earned my "Trustworthy Auto-Pilot" achievement like one second before the enemy ship they were on exploded. All eight crew were on it, I think it exploded from a fire killing its last hull point.
hborrgg

Postby hborrgg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:34 am

Just now made it to the boss with the Zoltan B. I had max shields, level 6 engines, a defense drone mark II, and cloaking.
My weapons were 3 ion bursts and a fire beam.

About an hour and a half into the first stage I finally decided to open all of my ship's airlocks let the entire crew get sucked into space.
SwordofAeons

Postby SwordofAeons » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:18 pm

hborrgg wrote:Just now made it to the boss with the Zoltan B. I had max shields, level 6 engines, a defense drone mark II, and cloaking.
My weapons were 3 ion bursts and a fire beam.

About an hour and a half into the first stage I finally decided to open all of my ship's airlocks let the entire crew get sucked into space.

Kill the crew by knocking out the oxygen, then set fires everywhere. The flagships auto-repair will continuously bring systems online to be taken out by the fire, dealing 1 damage each time. Shouldn't take too long once the crew is dead.
hborrgg

Postby hborrgg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:44 pm

SwordofAeons wrote:Kill the crew by knocking out the oxygen, then set fires everywhere. The flagships auto-repair will continuously bring systems online to be taken out by the fire, dealing 1 damage each time. Shouldn't take too long once the crew is dead.

"Perhaps, but it is past one in the morning and the captain has a headache. So out of the airlocks with you."
OmegaJasam

Postby OmegaJasam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:13 am

Giant spiders
Forgot to turn the medbay on
Forgot to turn the oxygen on
Forgot to turn the Drone /off/ X2
Forgot to watch my hull, untill i heard the alert telling me I had 1 left at which point I noticed it had missiles.

All in the same game, losing me a human, engie, mantis + Crystal, and finaly my engie/mantis/engie remaining.

I'm suprised it went that long, that I got so much replacement crew... That was my first, and only time finding the cyrstal dude too X_X
robochibi

Postby robochibi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:01 am

I left autofire on for lasers by accident and destroyed the ship that my two rockmen crew members were on.. and i had the perfect setup too i would teleport them in the middle of the fire.... DAMN!

By far the most idiotic thing I did was when my ship was losing O2 and i couldnt figure out why. it was right after a battle so first i thought maybe I didnt fully repair it but it was fine. than I thought I left bay doors open.. no they were good. And than I thought to myself, Oh shit this must be a major bug in the game and then right before they died i noticed i accidentally powered off the O2 instead of the Med bay.
tswaters

Postby tswaters » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:49 am

Definitely blowing up a ship with my suped out boarding party on board. Numerous times. The worst was when I had a Basilisk ready to go with 4 master mantis' just ready to slaughter everything in sight. I was having trouble with too much shields and an enemy med bay ... didn't even have autofire on, but I must have taken the hull down far too far and zap-zap-zap the burst laser 2 destroyed everyone. So sad. It was basically lights out after that... I think I rage'd out after that one.... I've also done it on the boss fight phase 2 as well -- all but one enemy crew killed, left the boarding party to take out the drone control -- and also left autofire on :(
Mister Sammy

Postby Mister Sammy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:15 pm

I was doing pretty well, forgot the ship I was using, around half-hull and looking for a store. I come up to the pirates trapped in rock distress beacon, "Oh what the hell, scrap 'em."

Karma hit me an instant later as it ended up starting a fight:

Slug Light Cruiser with AN ION BLAST 2, AN ION BLAST 1, AND A GLAIVE BEAM. My level 2 shields and unupgraded engines didn't stand a chance...