Your dumbest FTL moments

General discussion about the game.
Ralzar

Re: Your dumbest FTL moments

Postby Ralzar » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Trying my hand at boarding for the first time.
While fighting the crew I decide to take out their weapons.
Their hull only had two hits left and I blew up the ship with my boarding party onboard.

/facepalm

:D
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:36 pm

I board ships in environmental hazards.

All the freaking time.

And then laugh and restart when another asteroid hits and wipes out the ship with my crew on it.

However, the worst of those was when I successfully crew killed a ship in an asteroid field and then took my time repairing everything on my ship. I have two shields, what's the worst that can happen? Then the enemy ship blows up with my two mantis still on it.
Natalie

Postby Natalie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 pm

1. vented all air on the ship to turn off fire, without noticing my oxygen system and room were both damaged and the entire crew suffocated trying to fix it

2. teleported my best melee guys over to the enemy ship, turns out it was allready burning up and before i could get em back the ship broke apart
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Probably just now, when I wasn't paying attention to the hull of the enemy ship and lost my boarding party of Ohm and a Mantis. Ragequit and forgot to save, so two birds with one stone.

EDIT: Oh, and I also ran out of drone parts while fighting the flagship with an Engi ship. Considering all I had was ion, that was NOT fun.
Captain=Shot

Postby Captain=Shot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Swiffle wrote:Using boarding parties was....interesting.

Fired on room boarding party was attacking? Check
Leaving drones to randomly fire on room boarding party was attacking? Check
Teleported into AI ship(no oxygen) losing boarding party to suffocation before teleport cooldown could recall them? Check
Enemy ship powered up FTL Drive with our boarding party still present? Check

Named one ship "SSV Normandy" with Shepard, Wrex, Wreav, and Legion as the crew. First jump? Giant alien spiders. Checked it out anyway :) Commander Shepard didn't it back alive. CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE
RESTART

I named my first ship Normandy too :D.Hell got to sector 6 with it.
Then I got destroyed by a mantis boarding party.
Turns out having 2 humans 3 engis and a zoltan can fuck you over.
WHO WUDDA' 'NEW
madattak9

Postby madattak9 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Sending my two best and only mantis boarders to an enemy ship, and forgetting that AI ships have no oxygen.
Drok

Postby Drok » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:18 am

The most common ones for me are boarding-related:

- Take that ship, crew! *accidentally blows the ship up with boarders inside*
- *disables all weapons* Now my crew can happily take their sh... *artillery beam blows the ship up*
- Invader squad, teleport back, you are about to di... *enemy ship cloaks, preventing teleport* - At least flee to another room while the ship is cloaked! *improved blast doors*
- With my level 3 teleporter, I can send my crew to and back from unmanned scouts before they asph... *forgets to give it enough energy before teleporting, can't get them back in time*
- *disables ALL weapons* Destroy their systems to capture it without risk... *destroyed system removes last HP*
hborrgg

Postby hborrgg » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 am

Struggled for a while trying to figure out why all my rooms were turning pink, turned out that the one of the things that the Ion storm just so happened to depower was my life support systems. Fortunately I was able to get it turned back on in time and rush my three best guys into the med bay with only a sliver of health left. Unfortunately, at that same moment the enemy ship managed to bring its weapons back online and toss a wimpy, level 1 missile directly into the medbay where all of my badly injured crew were healing. tpk
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:36 am

My burst laser was set to automatic and it killed my two mantis skilled boarders :(
CaptainManic

Postby CaptainManic » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 am

Running out of fuel in rebel controlled area with rebels ftling away.