request feature: ordinance system

General discussion about the game.
H.G.Scout

request feature: ordinance system

Postby H.G.Scout » Tue May 06, 2014 12:55 pm

so a day before I wiped my save, I've been playing the FED ships, it's beam cannon now more powerful with the cloak. I was able to wreck ships witj my LV.4 Artillery, a defence drone, and cloaking, and while blowing stuff up, I got an Idea...

Why can the fed cruiser get the powerful weapon system? Why not all ships?

So I got to thinking, and I got out the 'ordinance' system idea.

The FED ships's artillery are now ordinance systems. Ordinance come in different types, like a laser barrage, FLAK II, ect.
You can buy them at the shop for 150(ish?) scrap.
The weapon might differ per shops, or by ship. What I mean is that either The ordinance weapon differs depending on the starting ships, or you choose from a randomized small list of possible installations.

Such as...

Anti-ship battery(for kestrels if native):
for charge time of 50/40/30/20, the shot will pierce shields and deal 3 damage with breaching.

Stealth missile volley(for stealth cruisers if native)
for charge time of 45/40/35/30, 2/3/4/5 cloaking leto missile that ignores defence drones.

Etc. And so on.
And also, there should be a button for the weapons, like the cloak and hacking, you know. And pressing the button will bring up the targeting cursur, like ordinary weapons!
English Narwhal

Re: request feature: ordinance system

Postby English Narwhal » Tue May 06, 2014 1:17 pm

FTL isn't getting any new features, sorry.
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 pm

There's actually a mod that does pretty much what you're saying called 'Open Artillery'. I don't know if it's being updated though.
Jerjare

Postby Jerjare » Wed May 07, 2014 6:19 am

Maybe more utility abilities?

Rock: Ramming maneuver- Deals 8 hull damage to enemy ship, but you suffer 4 damage in return.

Mantis: Super teleporter- instantly teleports your entire crew into the enemy ship with full health.

Engi: Repair protocol- instantly recharges drones, brings them to full health, and slowly repairs all damaged systems (say 2 bars of damage over ten seconds).

Zoltan: Turbo shield- Instantly gives you 1 additional bar of zoltan shield and instantly restores any charging shields.

Stealth: Counter stealth: when activated, allows you to continue to charge weapons vs stealthed enemies and hit them in random locations.

Lanius: Metal Storm- Instantly destroys all enemy physical projectiles in flight and enemy drones.

Crystal: Unstable growth- Restores 10 hull points but then does 1 hull point of damage every 3 seconds for the rest of the encounter.
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Fri May 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Jerjare wrote:Maybe more utility abilities?

Rock: Ramming maneuver- Deals 8 hull damage to enemy ship, but you suffer 4 damage in return.

Mantis: Super teleporter- instantly teleports your entire crew into the enemy ship with full health.

Engi: Repair protocol- instantly recharges drones, brings them to full health, and slowly repairs all damaged systems (say 2 bars of damage over ten seconds).

Zoltan: Turbo shield- Instantly gives you 1 additional bar of zoltan shield and instantly restores any charging shields.

Stealth: Counter stealth: when activated, allows you to continue to charge weapons vs stealthed enemies and hit them in random locations.

Lanius: Metal Storm- Instantly destroys all enemy physical projectiles in flight and enemy drones.

Crystal: Unstable growth- Restores 10 hull points but then does 1 hull point of damage every 3 seconds for the rest of the encounter.

Nope.

Not a single one is possible.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.