New subsystems on the news page

General discussion about the game.
Red Rocket

Re: New subsystems on the news page

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Some call it OP, the other calls it worthless.
I really think it is situation depended, but could be a great counterboarding system.
If a enemyship has a cloningbay active, you can't board that ship(or you suicidal)
Mantis B is going to be in a lot of trobble the first couple of jumps
Last edited by Red Rocket on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LastDay

Postby LastDay » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:58 am

I think that the Cloning Bay might work really well with Healing Burst. (The heal bomb.)
With no Medbay healing would be more valuable than usual.

Sure, the bombs don't make up for a the lack of a Medbay (As seen with Slug Ship B) but they do make the lack of one somewhat less painful.

You could just suffocate your own low-health crew intentionally between battles to have them resurrect at full health for the next fight, but that costs some skill level and isn't always practical.
Might be okay with boarders but probably awful for pilot, etc.

So, you could pack 4 crew in a room and heal bomb it instead, keep the skill levels.
If you are using boarding tactics or EMP then you don't really need missiles for offensive purposes anyway.

With all that said I think it really comes down to numbers.
How much the Cloning Bay heals on a warp jump and how much the crew's skills drop when resurrected.
How many blue text options the Cloning Bay offers over the Medbay.
I do think that it's an interesting module, but without knowing the numbers it's hard to say whether is good or bad.
IXXIAIXXI

Postby IXXIAIXXI » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:42 pm

I do think the new subsystems will provide new, interesting and innovative playstyles. There's one thing though ( decided I would post it in this thread since it was kind of relevant, not really seeing the need for a new one). I don't know if this has been posted before, but take a closer look at the gifs of the clone bay. I think I see a pirate ship skin for the C layout... :)

(Also, first post, I'm glad to finally start talking to everyone. I've been around for a while, just haven't bothered to create an account until recently).
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 am

Well spotted. I wonder if the Federation will congratulate the player for defeaing the Rebellion... then throw their ass in jail for piracy. Or maybe the C Kestrel simply wont hang around for the 'thanks' anyway. ;)

Welcome to the forum longtime lurker. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
XionGaTaosenai

Postby XionGaTaosenai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:59 pm

So will the Federation Ship be able to buy cloaking in the expansion, given the new system mechanics?

Also, does the Slug's ability to see enemies as red spots count as enough "vision" to mind control them?
BirdofPrey

Postby BirdofPrey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:07 am

The Red Tail has a rebel paintjob. I think the pirate squid would be less likely to get you shot on sight.
slattikarma

Postby slattikarma » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:19 am

It will be interesting defending against a clone bay... instead of fighting boarders until they die or teleport out, you will need to battle multiple waves. This rarely happens at the moment.