Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
aaaaaa50

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby aaaaaa50 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:53 am

5thHorseman wrote:Image

That is beautiful.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Very rarely, the reverse is also true. What are the odds of finding a BL2 and ignoring it?
There should be a "We don't need your stinkin' BL2" achievement: http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/c/2957426

It got a lot sillier before that run ended. :roll: If you're having awful luck these days it's my fault, I'm sorry. :mrgreen:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Very rarely, the reverse is also true. What are the odds of finding a BL2 and ignoring it?
There should be a "We don't need your stinkin' BL2" achievement: http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/c/2957426

It got a lot sillier before that run ended. :roll: If you're having awful luck these days it's my fault, I'm sorry. :mrgreen:

Oh I found a way to buy the BL2, but the preignitor and recovery arm had to stay behind. I found another of each later though and... well yeah. That game was a win :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

MostoPortuense

Postby MostoPortuense » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I go to the bathroom while my crew was improving the shields in a asteroid field, but I forgot that I turned off the O2 in the battle to power my shields, so when I came back I've got nothing but a dead crew and a game over... It really hurt myself! :evil: :evil:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:22 am

MostoPortuense wrote:I go to the bathroom while my crew was improving the shields in a asteroid field, but I forgot that I turned off the O2 in the battle to power my shields, so when I came back I've got nothing but a dead crew and a game over... It really hurt myself! :evil: :evil:

Oooh those are terrible. I had a similar one, I had an "unlosable" fight where the total of his weapons was just enough to take my shields down to 0, but the total of my weapons was enough to get through his shields. I targeted everything at his shields, not bothering to volley or anything, and went to make a cup of coffee.

I got back and my ship was destroyed. It took all of 3 seconds to realize that while the best he could do is take down my shields all the way, that was all he HAD to do because he had a frickin' beam drone.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
MostoPortuense wrote:I go to the bathroom while my crew was improving the shields in a asteroid field, but I forgot that I turned off the O2 in the battle to power my shields, so when I came back I've got nothing but a dead crew and a game over... It really hurt myself! :evil: :evil:

Oooh those are terrible. I had a similar one, I had an "unlosable" fight where the total of his weapons was just enough to take my shields down to 0, but the total of my weapons was enough to get through his shields. I targeted everything at his shields, not bothering to volley or anything, and went to make a cup of coffee.

I got back and my ship was destroyed. It took all of 3 seconds to realize that while the best he could do is take down my shields all the way, that was all he HAD to do because he had a frickin' beam drone.

I just pause my game, get a drink, then sit back down. I don't leave my game unpaused for any reason, unless I'm at a store or something.
MostoPortuense

Postby MostoPortuense » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:44 pm

I have never left before FTL opened while I wasn't in front of the PC, and the punishment for once I did was so terrible... I had two burst lasers and a diverse crew and maybe that game was the best I've done for now :o At least I'll never left the O2 turned off again :lol:
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:48 am

I have a ship with all systems maxed out. I find a Mantis and a Zoltan ship battling in and asteroid so I choose to save the Zoltan ship. The Mantis ship turns out to be a Mantis Bomber with three Hermes missile launchers and a teleporter. My face goes :o as I die after about two volleys of the blasted missiles. Stuff you FTL. :cry:
BirdofPrey

Postby BirdofPrey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:48 am

I have one of those moments every time the heavy ion on the Vortex misses sending the battle spiraling.

Most of the rest is my own fault. Can't blame the game for when I don't open the map screen to check for stores before upgrading my ship for instance.