Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
Trollcake

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby Trollcake » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:59 pm

When im being pelted by a 3 shielded enemy when i only have a burst laser. he then destroys my oxygen supply and my weapons, i go to fix the weapons, forget about the O2 supply and then my crew suffocates to death...
Createx

Postby Createx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Spoilers ahead!

That you have to fight the boss in different phases. I was running a boarding strategy and had myself turtled in nicely, had all weapons of phase 1 disabled and was kind of chilling and planning. I lost my crystal by accident then, so no more lockdown :( Ok, can't kill the crewmembers since I had no weapons at all anymore, so I just started smashing furniture. Destroyed the ship with 4 crew on it. Imagine my dismay when the game did not end, but I was supposed to fight the boss again!
Chat with fellow FTLers!
Find us on quakenet in #fasterthanlight, the unofficial channel for FTL.
auridas330

Postby auridas330 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:21 pm

I was plowing through the game with the crystal ship then killed everyone at the endboss level and the message popped, the AI of the ship started controlling the ship. I was pissed
George_Orwell

Postby George_Orwell » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Had an amazing run on the engi ship, had a full crew, even had a boarding squad of a mantis and a rock just waiting to go. Won the first phase of the boss fight losing only 2 hull points. And then.... LOL LOOK AT ME I CAN NUKE THEM FROM PLANETS AWAY FUCK YOU PLAYER LOLOLOLOLOLOL FAKE DIFFICULTY NO FEDERATION CRUISER FOR YOU SCRUB. Needless to say I raged, and then I made a thread on the forums about it!
Gunnar

Postby Gunnar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 pm

oh a new one now

I am trying to unlock the second layout for the first ship.

I have 5/6 unique crew members to get the second requirement to unlock the ship. I sold two of my weapons to buy the fifth, and I was going to go to the store one beam away which I knew held the last unique crewmember which I would buy by selling my last weapon. (I knew he was there because I was already there once. I didn't care that I was going to die after I got the sixth, I just wanted the new ship!!!)

Well... I clicked the wrong beacon (one that was right next to the store and was to the left). Guess where that beacon was... IN THE WARNING SLOT!

thus when I got there I was forced to fight, as the rebel fleet moved forward. This made it so it would be impossible for me to get to the store even if I got away, because it was just one slot to the right on the map which would just put me fighting the rebel fleet again.

I raged so hard...

I survived, and kept on going (am doing it right now actually). I kept on going in hope that I would find another store with that one unique crewmen left I still needed. Sadly, I have not found one and I am now out of fuel and fighting a ship with 3 shield, while I only have one weapon which just shoots a spatter of three lasers.

I am just going to open all airlocks and kill myself now... FML, not FTL
Viper_h

Postby Viper_h » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Trying to unlock the second layout for the basic ship by doing the 1hp achievement.

Sitting in an asteroid field letting them pelt me until I'm down to 1hp. Last asteroid hits the compartment next to my O2 generator setting it on fire. I decompress the section but the fire spreads to the O2 room. I decompress the O2 room but too late. The fire destroys my O2 generator and takes my last point of hull, destroying my ship.

FML, not FTL.
Gunnar

Postby Gunnar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Viper_h wrote:Trying to unlock the second layout for the basic ship by doing the 1hp achievement.

Sitting in an asteroid field letting them pelt me until I'm down to 1hp. Last asteroid hits the compartment next to my O2 generator setting it on fire. I decompress the section but the fire spreads to the O2 room. I decompress the O2 room but too late. The fire destroys my O2 generator and takes my last point of hull, destroying my ship.

FML, not FTL.

had a problem like that too, except I couldn't find an astroid belt so I just setteled for an unmanned drone. I got it down to low hp, and was going to shoot its weps once I got to 1 hp and turn on the shields as well at the same time.

Sadly, they started attacking my weapons and disabled my shields with ion cannons when I had about 4 hp left, and I couldn't survive as I couldn't shoot him and I had fires all over. It was more of a death by my imcompenetence, but agh I hated doing that achievment!!
amcoops

Postby amcoops » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Playing on easy (still haven't beaten the last boss on easy, don't know how people play on normal), using the Engi ship type A I had a pretty good tactic. Three shields, an Engi with max weapons on my weapons, my tactic is to pump their shield with my Ion something-or-other, and then set fires with my Fire Beam. Worked really well, when I came up against AI ships I used my combat drone.

So my last battle was just that, an AI ship, in the second-to-last sector. It had four shields, three lasers and a defence drone! So I set my Ion thing on his shields, used my Fire Beam (even though it was basically useless, but I thought I might as well) and then activated my combat drone. The Ion gun didn't get past his defence drone, my Fire Beam was useless against his shields, as was the combat drone, and his three lasers just tore through my shields, starting fires and whittling my hull down. The Albatross was then no more, Mandible, my awesome Engi with max weapons and almost max repair will be sorely missed. :cry:
Unlucky Scarecrow

Postby Unlucky Scarecrow » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 pm

I spent all day unlocking Layout B for the Rock Cruiser, only to find out it completely sucks (IMO).

Playing with this ship (Either layout) must be for masochists.
Durus

Postby Durus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:07 am

Less of a FYF and more of a DOH!
Had two sets of trained boarders in the sector before the boss. By the Boss sector I had accidentally killed them all by destroying ships they were on.
Had to path thru an asteroid system on stealth ship in first sector
Had all crew members die in Random events in the first sector (I laughed and then cried at the tragedy of it all).