Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
UltraMantis

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:41 am

Ouch!

I'm quite fond of Heavies. Fewer shots yes, but they make delicious thumping noises as they pound the enemy. The only trouble with them is they tend to be unreliable without support from other weapons.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm not even sure what just happened. A Rebel Rigger with three shields, two Anti-Ship Drones and one Beam Drone, all going at once, plus a boarding crew of three humans and one Engi. This guy must of had Scrap coming out of his ass, he had so many upgrades.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm

I started a Mantis B run yesterday, usually a stress-free auto-win for me. Didn't feel like trying too hard.

Well, after finding no new crew in sectors 1 or 2, I wound up jumping to a solar flare beacon against a zoltan ship. That would have been bad enough, and I was able to escape without taking too much hull damage, except after venting a significant portion of my ship to deal with fires I had my door control disabled. Since the door controls were themselves vented, my mantis weren't able to repair them fast enough before suffocating, so I flew to several more sectors with my engines, shields, and drone control all without air. Once they started taking irreparable damage, I quickly died.
Mranth0ny62

Postby Mranth0ny62 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:26 pm

*start a run* I feel like this run is going to be the one: I'll destroy everybody in my way without any problem and I'll kick the rebels' butts!

once motivated, I start the run:

first jump: a sun with an auto scout with missiles and a shield

me: okay I can do this!

first sun "wave": hits the door: crap.

auto-scout fires a missile in my weapon room: fire.

I died after 2/3 minutes in the game
Observato

Postby Observato » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:55 pm

While fighting in an Ion Storm, an Auto-Assault had an Anti-Ship (Laser) Drone I out, and few other weapons, so I depowered the shields to two layers so I could power my Glaive Beam. After I chunked its shields a little, it whipped out a Anti-Ship II. Fun times.

Slug Interceptor with dual Burst IIs plus 2 Basic Lasers? For that matter, how 'bout the Rebel Fleet with dual Burst IIIs? You'll never rag on those ever again after that.

What REALLY took the cake, however, is the image below. Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is 4 attack drones on one Rigger. I was lucky they weren't all laser drones. Damn cheating rebels.
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 am

Wow, how did you get so much Scrap? Enough for four shields!
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 am

Isn't really a FML moment, but during one game, I had three Engis all named Charlie.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 am

SgtFrog wrote:Isn't really a FML moment, but during one game, I had three Engis all named Charlie.

That's actually a thing. I don't know why but they did it on purpose.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
sergeyt4444

Postby sergeyt4444 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:29 pm

One time my staff was killed by mad nerds