Stealth Cruiser, Stealth Weapons?

General discussion about the game.
robolove

Stealth Cruiser, Stealth Weapons?

Postby robolove » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:37 am

With the stealth cruiser, I just found the stealth weapons augment. My question is, does this ship already have that trait? I don't seem to decloak when I fire weapons... Is this a bug, or a feature?
TwoEdge

Re: Stealth Cruiser, Stealth Weapons?

Postby TwoEdge » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 am

when stealthed, each shot costs you two bars of stealth time (shown near the stealth sign when you cloak), this is especially bad with low cooldown weapons. The stealth weapon augment eliminates that.
Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 am

I've never seen the point of firing while cloaked. The Klingons knew better so who are we to argue?
Primar

Postby Primar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Nova wrote:I've never seen the point of firing while cloaked. The Klingons knew better so who are we to argue?

When you have 3x fairly low-cooldown weapons and fully upgraded cloak, you can easily get 2 volleys off while cloaked. Without Stealth Weapons, you'll probably lose your cloak after the first volley.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:31 pm

robolove wrote:With the stealth cruiser, I just found the stealth weapons augment. My question is, does this ship already have that trait? I don't seem to decloak when I fire weapons... Is this a bug, or a feature?

No, the ship does not have it already. If you open your ship screen and do not find the augmentation in the items screen the ship doesn't have it. Any ship specific augment will still be shown in that screen.
Firing a weapon doesn't not fully decloak you but does reduce the length of the cloak as others has mentioned.