need help beating the game

General discussion about the game.
strange ship13

need help beating the game

Postby strange ship13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:41 pm

hey guys i was wondering if you can recommend a good ship mod that makes it easy to beat the game.
5thHorseman

Re: need help beating the game

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 pm

While I don't condone that method (You'll have a far greater sense of accomplishment if you beat it yourself), check out the Master Mod List in the Mods section. Just look through all the ships until you find one that people are complaining is way overpowered :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Yeah, don't do this. Beating FTL for the first time was extremely rewarding, on a similar level to taking down big bosses for the first time in Dark Souls (which, if you haven't played it, is an extremely difficult and unforgiving game).

There are plenty of good ships to use without resorting to overpowered mods. Crystal cruisers are the best, though extremely difficult to unlock, so you might not have them yet. I'd try using Mantis B, Kestrel B, or Federation Cruiser A for your first victory.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Kestrel A or B. Engi A is also recommended. Best to stick to one ship and become proficient with it.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
HeadHunter

Postby HeadHunter » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Madhax wrote:I'd try using Mantis B, Kestrel B, or Federation Cruiser A for your first victory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Federation A unlocked by your first victory? :shock:
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:24 am

HeadHunter wrote:
Madhax wrote:I'd try using Mantis B, Kestrel B, or Federation Cruiser A for your first victory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Federation A unlocked by your first victory? :shock:

Yes. Yes it is.
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:22 am

I guess he's not called Madhax for nothing.