[Project] LEGO FTL on CUUSOO

General discussion about the game.
CrashSanders

[Project] LEGO FTL on CUUSOO

Postby CrashSanders » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 am

Okay guys, now my models became more than just models. Now it is idea. Idea that may become real if you will help me.

First of all, what is CUUSOO?

Cuusoo is, in it's simplest terms, Lego Crowd sourcing, though some like to call it Lego Kickstarter. People submit ideas for new Lego sets as a pitch for a product. Project creator prove to Lego that their idea has merit by getting 10,000 people to support the project. Each and every supporter has the option of giving their feedback as they vote.

Every quarter, Lego takes all the projects that have achieved 10,000 supporters and reviews them based on market viability and brand fit. They also create their own version of the project in-house, based on the project concept, supporter feedback, and Lego "canon" building techniques.

In this review, each project will have one of three fates:

• Rejection: Lego has declined to make the product
  • Pass: Lego has decided to push the decision to the next quarterly review
  • Production: Lego will produce a set based on the project
Only one project can be selected for production each quarter.

To support a project all you need is a Cuusoo account and two minutes of your time. You can quickly generate an account by connecting through facebook or twitter. Once you have an account you go to the project of your choice and click on the great big green "Support" button. You will be asked what price point you think the set should be placed at, how many copies of he set you would like, and a area where you can say exactly what you like about the project.

We really hope you like the project as presented, but take note, Skilled Official Lego Craftsmen will be the ones designing the final product that reaches the market. If you think this project is rubbish, but still like the idea of a Lego set based on FTL, then supporting this project can get you what you want. If this is the case for you, give Lego the feedback: "I like this project because it is based on FTL."

Spreading the Word

The faster a project reaches 10k, the more seriously it is taken by the community. The current review deadline is March 4th. Given the expansive fan base of FTL, the required 10,000 supporters should be easy to acquire by then, but only if you can help us get the word out.

If you seriously want to hold a Kestrel in your hands than please, take action and join the Campaign

• Tell every FTL fan you know
  • Post in relevant forums
  • Send "Tip" emails to relevant gaming sites, for instance: Penny-Arcade, Joystiq, and [url=mailto:tips@kotaku.com]Kotaku[/url]
  • Tweet your followers and send direct tweets to gaming personalities
  • Use Reddit as intended and responsibly

You liked my models, now I ask you to help me to make at least one of them - The Kestrel - be real LEGO set.

Also feel free to check my comrade's blog in which our launch has been announced.
Last edited by CrashSanders on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ExtraCheesyPie

Re: [Art] FTL ships in LEGO format

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 am

Looks good!

I think that the Slug ship should be lego-fied.
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 am

Yeah, it should not be very difficult, but I wanted to start with Engi ship because it's my top favorite. =) Thanks for the comment and suggestion!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 am

It looks great. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:20 am

Oh look, finally a Kestral made out of pure win! Image

That's awesome, Crash. I can see the Crystal or Zoltan ones being quite a headache though.
...and now I kinda want to try the Retribution in Lego form...
boa13

Postby boa13 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 am

Congratulations, it looks great! :D
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Springy

Postby Springy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 am

That, looks awesome. Are you going to be doing this to the rest of the ships? Would be cool if from these models you were able to build them out of lego but looks really good regardless, well done.
That doom player. My Doom speed demos: http://doomedsda.us/player435lmps.html
Youtube: D4V35PR1NG Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050485606/
ExtraCheesyPie

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm

The problem would be that you can't see 60% of the ship...
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:01 am

Why didn't I see this earlier. This is amazing.

I want to make one for serious. This was made in the lego maker program, correct? Does it give you a list of the parts that you'd need to get to make one? It appears that you can buy select pieces. If you help me figure this out I will buy a few copies worth and send you a few. :) :)
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:12 am

The idea of "official LEGO FTL ships" fills me with glee.
Minifigs would be a nightmare to get right though. :lol: