[Tool] ITB Mod Loader

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
Arfy

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.4.1

Postby Arfy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:40 am

Tycho X wrote:I've been trying to wrap my head around installing mods for ITB for several hours now. So many of them look so fantastic, however, they do all require this mod loader.

I've tried installing Wine; no success, tells me I need Bison 3.0.0 or newer, which I tried installing, unsuccessfully. It led me down a rabbithole of things I needed to install and I couldn't get it to run. Next, I got Mono for Mac, and though the installation seemed fine, I was unable to figure out what part of the mod loader to run next?

I recommend joining the Into the Breach Discord server (https://discord.gg/ZyVxdHS), as I believe a Mac user had success with installing the modloader and mods.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.5.0

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Updated to new version of the game: 1.2.20. Check out the update notes for changes and a short list of steps on how to update.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.5.0

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Added an important step to the BEFORE UPDATING list (which I had, of course, forgotten about).
You don't have to reinstall the game or mod loader if you've already done so, but without it the mod loader won't work correctly.

These changes will be performed automatically in a new version of the mod loader.
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.5.1

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Released version 2.5.1, which automatically applies the fixes mentioned above.
WaffleGames

Postby WaffleGames » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Having an issue whenever i try to load Modded ITB

the game auto crashes immediately with a popup saying "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" then "Callstack:" followed by multiple sequences of Numbers

And when i checked in my ITB files there was a new file called "Error" that had this:
...r/ftldat/kaitai_struct_lua_runtime/string_stream.lua:43: attempt to index field '_buf' (a nil value)

I don't know what to do, please help
KnightMiner

Postby KnightMiner » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:16 am

WaffleGames wrote:Having an issue whenever i try to load Modded ITB

the game auto crashes immediately with a popup saying "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" then "Callstack:" followed by multiple sequences of Numbers

And when i checked in my ITB files there was a new file called "Error" that had this:
...r/ftldat/kaitai_struct_lua_runtime/string_stream.lua:43: attempt to index field '_buf' (a nil value)

I don't know what to do, please help

Uninstall and reinstall the modloader. That looks like your `resource.dat` got corrupted, and reinstalling is the easiest way to restore it. If it still does not work, you might want to do a full reinstall, so uninstall the modloader and use Steams "Verify Game Files" or your local equivalent before reinstalling
Dr. Rotcod

Postby Dr. Rotcod » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi, I'm trying to install the mod loader. I put it in the file stated, but when I started the game, there's no button for mods. Did I miss a step or something?
Xenesis

Postby Xenesis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:35 am

Dr. Rotcod wrote:Hi, I'm trying to install the mod loader. I put it in the file stated, but when I started the game, there's no button for mods. Did I miss a step or something?

Because the folder comes straight from the GitHub, you might be merging the wrong folder into it. You need to overwrite some files when you install it, and if it doesn't prompt that means you're adding in the wrong folder.
tosx

Postby tosx » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:28 am

If you haven't already, joining the Into the Breach Discord channel is the best way to get help with running mods.
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.5.2

Postby kartoFlane » Wed May 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Published version 2.5.2, which adds a fix for weapon upgrades not having their names resolved, and improves initial loading time.