Modability probing (power grid)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
Sleepy

Modability probing (power grid)

Postby Sleepy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:04 am

I've been digging through the lua files for a couple nights trying to pin down the possible scope for a mod outline. I'm pretty sure that most of the ideas I want to implement are possible.

There's one, however, that I'm not certain if it's been appended to lua. I found a couple of reference points under a few different names that are probably loosely related to it, but don't delve deep enough for me to think they're able to get at what I'd like to.

In short: What I want to do is rework the power grid system so that power is used in place of ammunition for limited weaponry, and protecting cities generates additional reputation (making shop prices much more expensive and varied). Removing loss of power as a game over condition specifically so that the game can be made more difficult without it becoming unfair. As it is my impression that this mechanic puts a hard (and, frankly, low) ceiling on how high the difficulty can reasonably be tuned.

An official response would be nice, but has anyone been able to find something which would let someone get at the meat of the power grid?
stickthemantis

Re: Modability probing (power grid)

Postby stickthemantis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:32 am

Unfortunately no. The power grid is pretty much hardcoded from the C side. If it's not in the lua files we can't do much about it.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
Sleepy

Re: Modability probing (power grid)

Postby Sleepy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:48 pm

This was my inclination.

I wonder if Subset would consider eventually hooking this into lua.