[Squad] Iron Saints

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Para

[Squad] Iron Saints

Postby Para » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:58 am

Introducing my first squad, the Iron Saints!
"From a timeline dominated by an austere theocracy, these Mechs will suffer any amount of punishment to eliminate the Vek."
Get it at https://github.com/ThomasIR/Iron-Saints-ItB-Squad-

CONTENTS

Martyr Mech
Needle Vents: Blast all adjacent tiles for 2 damage, turning units to face you.
- 1 core: This attack will no longer damage Grid Buildings.
- 2 cores: Gain a Shield when attacking.

Halo Mech
Magnetic Pulse: Fire two projectiles in opposite directions, pulling targets toward you.
- 1 core: If used on an ally unit it gives them a Shield.
- 2 cores: Increases damage to enemy units by 1.
Force Reflector (1 core): Vek take 1 damage when they hit a Mech.
- 3 cores: Increases damage by 1.

Salve Mech
Recovery Shot: Heal target for 1 HP if it's an ally unit and cause it to push adjacent tile.
- 1 core: If used on an ally unit it heals them completely.
- 3 cores: Increases damage to the pushed unit by 2.

NOTES

Be warned that on top of being both my first attempt at modding Into the Breach and first experience with Lua in general, this mod is still early in development and will likely have bugs I haven’t discovered yet. In addition, the Force Reflector passive can cause minor issues with how queued attacks by Moths and Bouncers are displayed (most often hiding the arrow pointing to the tile they will push themselves to when attacking); however, the actual effects of those attacks are unchanged, and they take damage from the passive as normal. I hope to solve this UI issue soon.

Thanks to many of the folks on the Into the Breach Discord server, including Pilot_Arrogant, Lemonymous, Generic Corporate Pilot No. 2005, Machin, Hedera, Tatu, NamesAreHard, and probably others I'm forgetting, for getting me up to speed on ItB modding. Special thanks to tosx for letting me use his Windriders mod as a kitbash source for the Salve Mech's wings.