[Squad] Weapons of the Past (v2.1.3)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Truelch

[Squad] Weapons of the Past (v2.1.3)

Postby Truelch » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:55 pm

Weapons of the Past

A squad of almost relic-worthy mechs, consisting of Old-Earth World War 2 technology. Even though their old age, they still pack quite a punch.

Original idea: tob260
Creation: Truelch

Download
Latest version: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
You can also find it on Github: https://github.com/FloranDev2/ItB-WotP

Squad

Howitzer Mech (KV-2 'AT-ST')
The KV-2 Mech, official designation “AT-ST”, probably designed by a crazy Old-earth designer named Sergei, is very straight forward when it comes to destroying its foes. It wields a 152 mm howitzer, originally designed to bust through bunkers. Nowadays it's used to bust through the toughest vek the hive can spawn, dealing massive damage in the process, especially to larger Vek. Even with its high age, its armor can withstand heavy beating, allowing it to hold its position. However, its age doesn’t only come with advantages. Due to it being a very old prototype, with, at the time, even less developed type of movement system, the mech suffers from very low movement capabilities. Position it well, so that you can use its massive armament to obliterate any enemy, that dares to cross your path.

Image Image

Heavy Bomber Mech (Pe-8)
The Pe-8 heavy bomber can wreck havoc among the enemy with explosions & fire (not the Youtube channel). It carries big payload of 500 kilogram bombs, which deal considerable amount of damage, and which can be upgraded to be filled with additional napalm, setting struck tiles ablaze. It also carries one FAB-5000 5 ton bomb, which can vaporize anything in its splash zone, however must be used with care, otherwise it might cause unwanted collateral damage. Sadly, the Archive engineers haven’t found a way to reduce its destructive capabilities on allied machinery… yet.

Image Image Image
Image Image

Support Mech (M22 Locust)
M22 is a great utility mech, it can zip around the battlefield while supporting its team by using its very outdated, yet useful cannon able of shooting canister rounds, which can push the enemy, and smoke rounds, which can smoke up enemies to mess up their plans. Both of the shells can be upgraded to deal damage, while retaining their properties. Due to its small size, it can maneuver through smoke, but is prone to drowning. Use this mech wisely and with care, and it will serve you well.

Image Image

The M6 Gun is a weapon that has two fire modes: Push and Smoke. To change mode, arm your weapon (by clicking on it) and a sub menu will appear on the right:
Image Image

Achievements
I won't spoil you the achievements, but here are their icons:

Squad achievements:
Image Image Image

Global achievements:
Image Image Image Image Image

Showcase
narD made a show case (version 1.0.2): https://youtu.be/MjNbZJvy6n0

Credits
Thanks a lot for the Discord community that helps a lot with feedback!

Special thanks to:
Lemonymous for the huge amount of help, knowledge, debug, the documentation you provided in addition to the various libraries that I stol... I mean took from you ;)
tosx for your help and mod expertise
narD also for sharing your code and show casing the mod :)
ALPHA (and Lemonymous) for helping me to set up FMW.
NamesAreHard (and Lemonymous again!) for helping me on the non massive warning script and the shop.
Protostar909 for the help for the custom menu.
Protostar909, ,̶'̶,̶|̶'̶,̶'̶_̶ (loss), Machin and R30hedron for your feedbacks on the balance and design.
R30hedron (again!) and Djinn for your feedback on the KV-2 sprite.

and of course kartoFlane for the modloader!!!

(I hope I forgot nobody!)

Versions

Code: Select all

Changelog
Version 2.1.3:
- Added FAB-500 and FAB-5000 (nuke!) animations
- Fixed Pe8 broken and water broken sprites
- Fixed M10T Howitzer's upgrade description
- Polished FAB-5000 reload mechanic, can choose with the old version and tutorials adapts depending on the version

Version 2.1.2:
- Added options (Howitzer's piercing icon, FAB-5000 version, ...)
- Fixed achievements kill count logic
- FMW fixes (now vers 8.4.1)

Version 2.0.2:
- Achievements and custom background work again!
- Added some units and missions from other mods to the global achievements

Version 2.0.1:
- Made the old FAB-5000 reloading system work. But might fail with Conservative skill.

Version 2.0.0:
- Pre-release of the updated for AE.

Version 1.1.2:
- Imported Lemonymous' modified FMW lib

Version 1.1.1:
- FAB-5000 text fixed (thx rotterdxm! ;))

Version 1.1.0:
Balance changes:
- FAB-500 first upgrade's cost increased from 1 to 2
- FAB-5000 cannot be used if it was used the previous mission
Custom menu!
- When you complete all the achievements (both squad and global achievements of this squad), you can enable a custom menu. (you enable / disable it inside the mod config and restart the game)
Quality of Life improvements / Tooltips
- Changed the KV-2’s weapon description (adding remaining HP mention). Also states the max range.
- Made the KV-2 shot twice on the same target to show that its damage decreases.
Sprites' improvements:
- Improved KV-2 sprite (higher / thinner turret)
- Created an original icon for the FAB-500 (at last!)

Version 1.0.2:
- Updated FMW to version 8.2

Version 1.0.1:
- Removed unused and deprecated files

Version 1.0.1:
- Some fixes for Pe-8 and KV-2 achievements
Last edited by Truelch on Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 15 times in total.
You can find my mods here.
Watch the showcases and some other stuff about my ItB mods: here.
rotterdxm

Re: [Squad] Weapons of the Past (v1.1.0)

Postby rotterdxm » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:32 am

Been playing this squad today, really digging it. Balancing felt great too, but I think the FAB-5000 seems to be usable every battle? Might be just me though.
Truelch

Re: [Squad] Weapons of the Past (v1.1.0)

Postby Truelch » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:11 am

Hello!

Thanks for reviewing my first squad! I'm happy you had fun with them :)

I just checked, the FAB-5000 worked on my side:

Do you remember what other mods were installed? Or do you still have that bug?

Anyway, I must admit that I need to put more feedback to the players to explain when it's available or not.

Oh, I also fixed the little error you find in my FAB-5000's text description :)

EDIT: the FAB-5000 is uncorrectly refilled for the second part of the Final mission, I'll fix that int the v1.1.2
Truelch

Re: [Squad] Weapons of the Past (v2.0.1)

Postby Truelch » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:38 pm

Hi everybody!
I've finally made an update for the squad to work with the Advanced Edition!
It's a pre-release for now, some stuff need some additional work (achievements, unlockable background), but the squad mostly work now.
newdeyann000

Re: [Squad] Weapons of the Past (v2.0.1)

Postby newdeyann000 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:23 am

Truelch wrote:Hi everybody!
I've finally made an update for the squad to work with the Advanced Edition!
It's a pre-release for now, some stuff need some additional work (achievements, unlockable background), but the squad mostly work now.

Got a bug which gives me a black screen telling me that something is wrong, it happens whenever i attempt to hover over the tank's gun, something about its Area target being bugged. Also I cannot swap ammo with the gun