[Squad] Granite Bulwark v0.1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lord-Earthfire

[Squad] Granite Bulwark v0.1.0

Postby Lord-Earthfire » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:04 pm

The Granite Bulwark
Version: 0.1 (Release)

A squad mainly focussed oround crowd control and confusing of enemies, these mechs excell at locking enemies into space and blocking spawns. Their special traits allow them to reflect enemies damage right back to them. Utilizing positioning is key to use these mechs to great effect.

Wanted to challenge myself a bit with this being my first mod in lua so far and i have to really thank the community around here for the help. If you got any suggestions or found a bug, please let me know :) .

Download

Code: Select all

Changelog:
0.1: Release

Edit: Changed the link to make the download easier
Leylite

Re: [Squad] Granite Bulwark v0.1.0

Postby Leylite » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:49 pm

Neat squad - having two primes with short-ranged attacks, and only one member of the squad who can move enemies by default, makes for a hard time chasing down hornets/scarabs sometimes, but in practice this plays like the Hazardous Mechs squad with a lot less enemy-shoving - your goal is a combination of killing the initial waves as efficiently as possible with a combination of A.C.I.D. and high damage, and then being sure your leftover rocks are in good places to either defend cities or blockade Vek near their spawn points. I randomed into Henry as the starter pilot who seems helpful on either Prime as usual, and Gana was eventually good for picking a good spot for the Seismic Mech to start in.

I did find what looks like either a bug, or a sneaky feature - while ranged attacks onto boulders do activate Reflective Coating and damage the ranged Vek where they're standing, if a Beetle charges into a boulder the counterattack damage applies to the tile the Beetle started on, not the tile it finished on, so it "dodges" the reflection damage.
Lord-Earthfire

Re: [Squad] Granite Bulwark v0.1.0

Postby Lord-Earthfire » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:31 am

Thank you for the feedback! And sorry for the late reply.

It's good to hear that the squad plays well and does not feel too weak or overpowered. I certainly agree that hornes early on is the squads biggest weakness, but i agree with you that it is manageable. I also can highly recommend prospero on the seismic mech. Flight on that mech is really convenient for rock placement.

The charging beetles are certainly a bug. Currently the skills iterates through every spacedamage to see if a wall or armored mech is damaged. If so, it creates a spacedamage object on the position of the user, which fires at the very last. Will need to check if i can track the movement.

I will look upon that if i find time. Thank you for the bug report!