List of New Enemies
Variants: Normal, Alpha, Leader
Ability: When a snail is killed on a valid ground tile, it spawns a slug of the same variant. Slugs have identical stats to their respective snail variant, except they only have 1 health.
- A snail does not receive vanilla psion bonuses because it is a minor enemy, whereas a slug will receive them. I feel that this is thematically appropriate, and it prevents snails from becoming too strong when combined with a psion, since they are already a more challenging enemy.
- If a snail dies during the enemy move phase (ie. steps on a mine), the slug that spawns will still be able to move and attack that turn. I haven't found a reliable way to prevent this yet.
- To earn the reputation for defeating the snail boss, you must kill its slug form.
Get the latest version of Assorted Enemies here.
Get kartoFlane's modloader here if you haven't already (version 2.4.0 or newer is recommended).
Thanks to Lemonymous for creating the trait library, and to KnightMiner for creating the sprite library. Also thanks to the folks on the ITB discord server for general modding help.
Code: Select all
- Added the snail leader, with its respective mission
- Added config options to enable/disable snails and the snail leader independently, as well as an option to enable/disable bosses from this mod spawning on the final island
- FIxed the eye colors on some of the portraits
- Switched from the FURL sprite loader to KnightMiner's sprite library. No actual content was changed in this update.
- Fixed slug death animation overlapping
- Snail (and slug) attacks can now hit mountains but still cannot hit tiles behind them
- Added portraits for all enemies currently included
- Darkened death animation for slugs
- Changed some sounds for the snails and slugs
- Initial release