[Expansion] Hive War v1.1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
ijocks

Re: [Expansion] Hive War v1.0.4

Postby ijocks » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 pm

./mods/reflexivefire/scripts/overwatch.lua:34: attempt to index local 'pawnDefaults' (a nil value)

This is what I found there, and thanks for being so responsive, I can tell you have a lot of passion for this project
Funyarinpa

Postby Funyarinpa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Hey, signed up to post this, mod looks great! However, it crashes at the end of each battle where the Hive Warrior is present. The error.txt generated is: ./mods/HiveWar/scripts/missions.lua:136: attempt to call global 'add_arrays' (a nil value).
cannonfodder

Postby cannonfodder » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:17 am

ijocks, it seems that Hive War conflicts with Evolved Vek / Reflexive Fire. Making them compatible is going to be tricky, for the moment to fix it you can remove those mods and start a new timeline. I'll try to fix you and Funyarinpa's issues in a patch soon.
My name is Cannonfodder on Subset Forums, but I am also known as NotSoLoneWolf on Discord which I prefer as a name
ijocks

Postby ijocks » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:28 pm

thanks, I'll give it a try
cannonfodder

Re: [Expansion] Hive War v1.0.5

Postby cannonfodder » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:37 am

Released version 1.0.5, with a crap ton of bugfixes! Please heed the warning posted above the download links, I don't want any reports of wrecked timelines.

- resolved incompatibility with Evolved Vek and Reflexive Fire
- hopefully fixed 'add_arrays' crash upon finishing a mission
- hopefully fixed 'bad argument' crash when starting the game
- definitely fixed the final island Hive Warrior's portrait missing
- edited the Hive Warrior's AI so it is no longer excessively fearful of instakill tiles to the point where it showed cowardice in the face of the enemy

Really sorry to anyone who was waiting on a bugfix that isn't in yet, I have a lot of stuff going on right now and I'm working down the list of reported bugs as fast as I can
My name is Cannonfodder on Subset Forums, but I am also known as NotSoLoneWolf on Discord which I prefer as a name
justhavingfunman

Postby justhavingfunman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:50 pm

Hi, definitely one of the greats of ITB modding that I've seen. Though I'm getting an error for this version..
mods/HiveWar/scripts/init.lua:256: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'HW_MaxPower' (a nil value)

I backread on the thread and looks like it was an error before. Rolling back to v1.0.4 fixes it for me. Just a heads up
ijocks

Postby ijocks » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:24 pm

I was able to successfully finish a hard run with the mod active (v1.0.4) and I just gotta say, really awesome mod, Every pod mission was like a boss, since I had to carefully position and use every skill available to me to kill the hive warrior. I do have one question though, I defeated the hive warrior 4 times across the islands, but it never spawned in the hive chamber for me to kill. Does it only show up sometimes, or do you think it is a bug? One of the times I killed it I pushed it off a cliff on RST, so the defeat animation was skipped
cannonfodder

Postby cannonfodder » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 am

I have spotted an issue with More Bosses where sometimes you get a More Bosses leader vek instead of the Hive Warrior on the final island. I wiped the final island spawn list and replaced it with only the HW but I imagine that any mod that adds extra bosses to that spawn list will result in some final islands with no HW. I’ll see what I can do about it in the next update.
killy67000

Postby killy67000 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Hey! First let me say this is an awesome mod! I just encountered a bug though: I moved an A.C.I.D. tank into reflexive fire, getting him killed. But when I tried to undo the move, the option to do so was gone... :(
Xenesis

Postby Xenesis » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:45 pm

justhavingfunman wrote:Hi, definitely one of the greats of ITB modding that I've seen. Though I'm getting an error for this version..
mods/HiveWar/scripts/init.lua:256: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'HW_MaxPower' (a nil value)

I backread on the thread and looks like it was an error before. Rolling back to v1.0.4 fixes it for me. Just a heads up

Just confirming that I also get this error with 1.0.5, so I'll have to do the same and rollback.

I was getting it whenever I started a new timeline and it'd hard-crash the game.