[Gameplay] Hotseat - Mechs vs Vek (Updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lemonymous

[Gameplay] Hotseat - Mechs vs Vek (Updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Lemonymous » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:10 pm

This mod has been updated for ITB 1.2.

Have you ever wondered how difficult Into the Breach would be with a human player controlling the Vek?
Now you can find out! So invite a friend, and see who can get the furthest with the Mechs!

Hotseat enables local multiplayer between two players on the same computer.

The Mech Player selects missions, purchases equipment, and tries to complete the run.
The Vek Player spawns and controls the Vek during missions, and attempts to end the run for the Mech Player.

Vek Player Turn:
ImageImageImage
Select where to spawn your units - queue up your attacks

Mod Options:
With a player in control of the Vek, the game difficulty increases by a lot.
In addition to Easy - Normal - Hard, you can toggle several options to give the Mechs a fighting chance.
ImageImage
This option increases power for every power objective by 2

Download:
Hotseat - requires mod loader 2.6.4 or later to function.
Mod Loader - originally made by Cyberboy2000 and continued by kartoFlane.

Installation
1. Make sure Into the Breach is up to date.
2. Find your Into the Breach directory. If you are playing ITB under Steam, this directory can be found via Steam Library -> Right Click Into the Breach -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files.

3. Scroll down to Readme.md here, and follow the instructions there to install the mod loader.
4. Download Hotseat.zip under 'Assets' from the link above
5. Unzip Hotseat.zip and place the 'Hotseat' folder into the 'mods' folder inside your ITB directory.

7. Run game - you're now good to go!

Mod Options
8: Click Mod Content -> Configure Mods -> Hotseat
9. Toggle mod on and off, and modify mod options with the button on the right.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

v0.8.1 - Fixed a bug that could cause several bombs to exist simultaneously during the final mission.
v0.8.0 - Internal update to contain submodules of internal libraries LApi and modApiExt instead of explicit copies of them.
         Fixed bug causing infinite bombs to drop on the final mission.
         Removed code force deselecting units when changing player turn, due to the removal of a function no longer supported in LApi. This will seem like a bug to players, but it cannot be helped at this time.
v0.7.0 - Updated for mod loader v2.6.4
v0.6.0 - Added support for most enemies in the mod Bots'n'Bugs
         Fixed bug allowing Spider Leader eggs to hatch the same turn they were created
         Updated an out of date library (weaponPreview)
v0.5.0 - Vek turn timer will no longer start at 0
         Mech owned neutral units will now block Vek movement
         Vek owned neutral units will now block Mech movement
         Hopefully fixed rare crash when spawning units
         Blobbers and Spideers can no longer fire their ordnance directly onto a pod
         Burrowers and Leapers can no longer intentionally move into water and die
         Added all missing portrait- and weapon images for vanilla Vek
         Added Spider Leader as a supported Hotseat unit
         Fixed potential crash when selecting Leapers, Burrowers or units near pods
v0.4.0 - updated for ITB 1.2
v0.3.1 - fixed a possible compatibility issue with other mods using the C utils dll.
v0.3.0 - moved spawn phase to after Vek movement - Units emerging from holes or acid should no longer be usable the turn they spawn.
         added some more missing icons.
v0.2.6 - fixed 'getSurface' error introduced in v0.2.5
v0.2.5 - possible fix for issue reported by narD.
v0.2.4 - fixed a bug causing a crash the second time entering 'Test Mech'
         improved enemy weapon preview code.
v0.2.3 - minor bugfix
         hovering a Vek unit during the Mech Player's turn will now display 'Vek' instead of 'Not Attacking'

v0.2.2 - initial release

Old Versions:
v0.2.6 v0.3.1
Last edited by Lemonymous on Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Dalas120

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.2.2 - Mechs vs Vek

Postby Dalas120 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Biohazard063

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.2.3 - Mechs vs Vek

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:07 am

So this mod is a great thing. Combined with Parsec you can play online too!
Which is what I ended up doing, here's a first of many:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWJzWvhNUIE

Having played a bit more, it's weird to note that you need more strategy playing as Vek than as Mech.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
narD

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.2.4 - Mechs vs Vek

Postby narD » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:10 am

Well, This's really nice mod, but little problem to me.

There's a problem with the game bouncing if I put my mouse over the weapon icon.
I'm not sure if this is a mode Loader or a this mode's problem.What's certain is that 2.3.4 didn't have this problem.

And this is my play video.
I've had a lot of fun with my friend. :)
Thank to make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJyu0lK6QI
unrealname456

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.3.1 - Mechs vs Vek (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby unrealname456 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:21 am

This mod is really well made, but there's a problem. The blobber can throw its blob onto the blob and crush it immediately without the mech player able to do anything. Other than that, great mod!~
Lemonymous

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.3.1 - Mechs vs Vek (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Lemonymous » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:31 pm

unrealname456 wrote:This mod is really well made, but there's a problem. The blobber can throw its blob onto the blob and crush it immediately without the mech player able to do anything. Other than that, great mod!~

This mod has now been updated for ITB 1.2.
The problem you pointed out has been fixed, along with several other fixes.
laffingj

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.5.0 - Mechs vs Vek (Updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby laffingj » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:56 pm

Me and a friend of mine were playing this, but every time we try to click on a Leaper while on the Archives island, the game crashes. Do you have any suggestions on what we should do?
Lemonymous

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.5.0 - Mechs vs Vek (Updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Lemonymous » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:32 pm

laffingj wrote:Me and a friend of mine were playing this, but every time we try to click on a Leaper while on the Archives island, the game crashes. Do you have any suggestions on what we should do?

Thank you for the bug report. If you download the latest version now, this issue should be fixed.
Rhenium

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat v0.6.0 - Mechs vs Vek (Updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Rhenium » Sat May 01, 2021 7:04 pm

In the second phase of the final battle (in the Vek hive), during the Vek player's turn, numerous Renfield bombs
continuously drop on the sixteen centermost tiles (i. e. tiles C3-6, D3-6, E3-6 and F3-6) that are NOT:
a) marked with a environment danger sign
b) having a Vek unit on them
c) having power pylons on them.

The bombs will drop on free spaces, spaces with Mechs (disabling them) and other dropped bombs (including the original), destroying them.

Vek player cannot move any of his units during his turn, and can only click end turn.
Bombs do not continue to drop while the Vek player chooses where to spawn reinforcements.
One bomb still drops just before the Mech player's turn starts, however they do not spawn during the Mech player's turn, just Vek player's turn.

I used "final" and "win" debug commands to get quickly to the second phase of the final battle, if that would mess anything up.
However, the bug was also present during a ordinary game where no debug commands were entered unless I am mistaken.

I tried uninstalling and installing the game and mod loader, but it didn't make a difference.

As a side note, moving the cursor over the Vek during the Mech player's turn shows 'Not attacking' instead of 'Vek'.
I don't know if that is related, but I thought I should mention it regardless.

Very good mod, of course, I am simply reporting the bug.
Power Of Geass

Re: [Gameplay] Hotseat - Mechs vs Vek (Updated for ITB 1.2)

Postby Power Of Geass » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Does this mod work for advance edition?