[Island] Into The Wild v1.1.6 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lemonymous

Re: [Island] Into The Wild v1.1.6

Postby Lemonymous » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:20 pm

Yes. It was a very specific bug that only affected the Snubnose together with some Into the Wild code.

I just updated both ITW and RF1995 to fix it btw. Updating either mod should alleviate the issue.
gabok

Postby gabok » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:10 am

I just played with the updated versions and it works like a charm now, I assumed I would've needed to start another game for it to take effect but it fixed the problem right away (still started another timeline anyway because I fucked that game up earlier lol).

Anyway thanks for such a fast response! (and fix!)
AzureLazuline

Postby AzureLazuline » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:49 pm

I've made a small edit to randomize which islands are available every time you boot the game, without needing to manually rearrange them each time before you exit. Replace "uiArrange.lua" in "IntotheWild/scripts/replaceIsland" with my custom version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UeSWzvos1zwflKK44KoPPvw7FEyknHb-/view

There's no toggle for it in the mod options, but at the top of the file itself you can just turn "randomizeislands" to false. If anyone's better at this stuff and knows how to stick a toggle button next to "Arrange Islands" on the mod loader options, then feel free to do so! This way's a bit inconvenient and I obviously can't do a pull request or anything until that's implemented.

Like before, islands can only be randomized when you first open ItB, so multiple runs in a session will use the same layout. If you have in-progress save data, it won't re-randomize them when you open the game again since that'd break the save. Avoid the actual "Arrange Islands" button when using this, since I think it breaks your in-progress file if you save+quit in the same session that you access the menu.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:14 pm

Thanks! This is exactly what has long been lacking for this mod.
Image Image Image
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm

When downloading the mod you get a file structure looking like this:

Code: Select all

ITB-Into-The-Wild-master
   (.git)
   IntoTheWild <-- this is the folder you want
   .gitattributes
   LICENCE
   README.md

You only want `IntoTheWild`, which should go into your `mods` folder.
The LICENCE, README.md and git files are for developers, and can safely be discarded for normal users of the mod.

After you are done, your game's file structure should look like this:

Code: Select all

Into The Breach
   mods
      IntoTheWild
         img
         maps
         scripts
Elekitu

Postby Elekitu » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:27 pm

Hey, thank you so much for this mod, I really enjoy it so far ! However, I have noticed 2 (small) bugs when you have the Vek Hormones passive effet :
- Sometimes chompers don't deal additionnal damage when hitting other Veks. It seems to happen when they pull the Vek towards them
- Buds' self-damaging attack triggers the Vek Hormones, dealing them more damage. It might be on purpose but I found it quite weird so I'm reporting it in case it's a bug.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:27 am

Elekitu wrote:Hey, thank you so much for this mod, I really enjoy it so far ! However, I have noticed 2 (small) bugs when you have the Vek Hormones passive effet :
- Sometimes chompers don't deal additionnal damage when hitting other Veks. It seems to happen when they pull the Vek towards them

Thanks for the report. This should now be fixed.
Elekitu wrote:- Buds' self-damaging attack triggers the Vek Hormones, dealing them more damage. It might be on purpose but I found it quite weird so I'm reporting it in case it's a bug.

However weird it may be, this is working as intended.
AstroNuno

Postby AstroNuno » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:37 pm

I just want to say this a very well made, beautiful mod!!! <3
The new enemies and the events are very cool!!!
Why can't all islands be like this one? Jessica Kern looks a bit tired, let her retire :lol:
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks!
I am very happy you're getting some fun out of the mod.
titsfart

Postby titsfart » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:25 am

This mod is one of the best content in the mod sub-forum, the problem which isn't really a problem or an issue, more a matter of design taste
There's enough content for two islands, feels like there's too much unique missions in this one islands compared to vanilla islands, spreading them over two islands would "feel more natural"

+ the randomizer mod by "AzureLazuline" should be implanted as a built in feature with a toggle option into the mod menu IMO