[Enemies] More Bosses v1.4.4 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Lemonymous

Re: [Enemies] More Bosses

Postby Lemonymous » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:00 pm

That's a very brave difficulty you chose. I did a few tries, and I found it was very easy to make an impossible difficulty with only slight increases.

Testing would be very appreciated, but it's no rush. These things take time. Feel free to join the discord server btw. We discuss mods and mod ideas in the #modding-discussion channel.
Rusted

Postby Rusted » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:12 am

I really enjoy the DifficultyModifiers mod.

Even with just +1 spawn/+1 max vek, it can turn a game into a casualty/collateral damage nightmare.

I need to do some more testing, but as far as I can tell the only "problem" (or is it a feature?) is when I "spice" things up. lol. Mainly, in the unmodded game you can't encounter certain enemy types on the first island (enemy selection is reduced to leapers, hornets, fireflies, scorpions, scarabs and the psions), crabs, blobbers, burrowers, spiders etc activating from the second island onward. But if you use the mod and activate this option, it will load randomly from all enemy "pool" even on the first island. I don't really mind though, I actually like having more variety right from the get go. Not to mention it's toggleable.

I'll also test the mod in tandem with bossrush. I am curious how would the two overlap.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Glad you enjoy it!

Regarding the problem/feature. It is mostly made like that because I wanted to make it very quick to answer the request that was made. The simplest way was to just put everything into one pool and randomly pick from that. Shouldn't be too difficult to make 4 pools and only spawn "legal" Vek for the island you're currently on, if that would be preferable.
I could also make it another option of course. Unless there are too many options already? Up to you guys really.
Rusted

Postby Rusted » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Tbh, I like it this way.

It only matters for the first two islands, after that it's anyone's guess what you get next. The mod is already highly configurable, so you can play around with the settings to your heart's content.

And yes, alongside boss rush, this is definitely a mod I'd recommend for anyone to download. Then again, I like challenge. This package gives me plenty of it! :D
Alchemist

Postby Alchemist » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Bugreport
Game crashes during transition between phases of the final mission.

Code: Select all

...\Into the Breach\error.txt:
./mods/MoreBosses/scripts/missions/bosses/digger.lua:340: attempt to index a nil value

Conditions
Use MoreBosses and BossRush mods.
Complete the first phase of the final mission. Have at least one live Digger Boss on the tile which is about to fall. Wait till the end of the board collapse animation.

Cause
At the some point of the collapse animation expression Board:GetPawn(bossId) becomes nil even for a vaild bossId. But function onMissionUpdate still attempts to evaluate Board:GetPawn(bossId):GetSpace().

Solution
Dumb one. Check Board:GetPawn(bossId) for the nil value and do not evaluate further. Like this (worked for me):

Code: Select all

if not pawn or (Board:GetPawn(bossId) and pawn:GetSpace() ~= Board:GetPawn(bossId):GetSpace() + DIR_VECTORS[dir]) then

Wise one. Dig deeper and check for the proper mission state before trying to do anything in the body of onMissionUpdate.

Mods used (active)
Mod Loader 2.3.0,
MoreBosses 1.3.3,
BossRush 1.0.0,
CEP 0.17 (customly commented out to the Volatile Vek extension only),
Pilot Ice Queen 1.0.0.

Test data
Profile with the game saved directly at the beginning of the collapse animation. With one Digger Boss ready to literally go down. :mrgreen:
Download link: http://rgho.st/6yL5q7FmM

--- Update ---
Almost forgot an important detail: ITB revision is GOG v1.0.22 (4-23-2018).
Lemonymous

Re: [Enemies] More Bosses v1.4.0

Postby Lemonymous » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 pm

Thank you for the thorough bugreport Alchemist. I've included your fix in the latest update.
WaffleGames

Re: [Enemies] More Bosses v1.4.4

Postby WaffleGames » Sun May 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Do you think you or someone could be able to make this compatible with the "HotSeat" Mod?

Link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=34525

Cause when i was testing this with the HotSeat mod
i couldn't use the weapon for the Crab leader and it crashed for Blobber Leader