[Squad] EnvManipulators

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Compartany

[Squad] EnvManipulators

Postby Compartany » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:24 pm

MOD: EnvManipulators
Author: Compartany
Version: 1.8.0.20210119
Base: Into the Breach v1.2.24.20200528, Mod Loader v2.5.4
Code: https://github.com/Compartany/EnvManipulators
Link:
-- [EN] viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36543
-- [CN] https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv9047965
Download:
-- [github] https://github.com/Compartany/EnvManipulators/releases
-- [weiyun] https://share.weiyun.com/7laJWpe3 (alternate)
Demo Videos:
-- [weapons] https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cK41137DF?p=1
-- [perfect final island with default weapons] https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cK41137DF?p=2

These Mechs have the ability to manipulate Environments, and use them to fight the enemy.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Notes:
1. Performance of the squad is closely related to types of enemies, and difficulty of game largely depends on the order of islands. If you feel that the squad is weak (in fact it's designed to be a bit strong), try to save hardly handled enemies such as Burrower, Blast Psions, Psion Abomination, Large Goo and Bot Leader for late game.
2. Recommended pilots: Camila Vera, Harold Schmidt, Chen Rong, Abe Isamu
3. Please do not add multiple Shift Mechs to Custom Squad, or their skills will be performed incorrectly.
4. Environments provided by other MODs has been considered in the design, but I don't promise that there will be no bugs when used together, at least there would probably be game balance problems.
5. When the game language is not simplified Chinese, the MOD will be displayed in English.
6. I'm not a native English speaker, and all translations were done with the help of DeepL Translate, so the English text in MOD must be very terrible. If you are interested in helping to optimize the translation, please open the [scripts/localization/english] directory to make changes and send them to 2994359861@qq.com.
Last edited by Compartany on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 40 times in total.
narD

Re: [Squad] EnvManipulators

Postby narD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbkS2MIINNs

It's really interesting Mod. :D

I played just little time, so I can't make many feedback.
But, I can tell you to some bugs. :)

It's all about "Env".

1) "Env" + reset turn.
- already made "Env" mark isn't removed. If it is intended, we can use the reset turn function more strategically.

2) "Env" mark on the building.
- If "Env" is "Lava" and mark is on the building, then Like magic, the building disappears. Without any grid damage.
(It was happened on the final island 1st phase.)

except that, really fun time with this one.
thank you for making nice mod.

-------------
我觉得这是非常好的方式。

只是发现了2种汉堡。
均与"Env"标识有关。

第一次使用"reset turn"功能时
也就是说,在之前的转身动作上,Env标识原封不动地保留了下来。

第二种情况是建筑物上Lava Env标记被指定的情况。
这种情况相当有趣,但可以看到建筑物在没有受到任何损害的情况下像魔法一样消失。

----------------
我覺得這是非常好的方式。

只是發現了2種漢堡。
均與"Env"標識有關。

第一次使用"reset turn"功能時
也就是說,在之前的轉身動作上,Env標識原封不動地保留了下來。

第二種情況是建築物上Lava Env標記被指定的情況。
這種情況相當有趣,但可以看到建築物在沒有受到任何損害的情況下像魔法一樣消失。
--------------------------------

I wrote it down using a translator.
通過翻譯器記下來了。
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:11 pm

narD wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbkS2MIINNs

It's really interesting Mod. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the two bugs:
1) It's indeed a big problem, and this is what I cannot find by myself. It will only be possible when player uses mouse to select weapons, and I'm used to selecting weapons by shortcuts. Which led me to test for almost two hours before I successfully reproduced the bug. It has been fixed in the latest version.
---------------------
2) Fixed in 1.2.0.20210102, in order to be consistent with Tides and Cataclysm Environments.

Code: Select all

deleted:
From a certain point of view, this is indeed a bug, after all, the building sunk in the lava but did not drop the power is very strange.
This bug is not unfixable, but once I fix it, Environments introduced by other MODs with similar bug will make the game logic seem inconsistent.
I've been thinking about it for a while. My conclusion is that this phenomenon is actually quite interesting, and it can be used as an interesting strategy.
How about treating it as FEATURE rather than a BUG? "Since buildings ignore fire, it should be protected by sinking into the lava", such an explanation seems reasonable, doesn't it?

---------------------

There was a game design defect, see viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36543#p125550. Fixed in 1.1.0.20201231.

deleted:
I have watched your video carefully. Obviously you hadn't figured out how to play this squad at the time, so there were some accidents in the video process.
That was my concern too, because I was worried the whole time I was balancing that the squad would be too strong and out of balance, chipping away at it many times. Even with the latest version, I was able to get 30K with relative ease.
Even players like you have trouble on first attempts, I'm a little worried that the average players will find this squad too difficult when they get started...
Last edited by Compartany on Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:31 am

Conducted Pulse
* Default Range: 2 > 3
* Upgrade 1: +2 Range > +1 Range
* Upgrade 2: +3 Range > +2 Range

After watching narD's video, I found a very serious design problem. Since I'm used to the Lv2 pilot opening, I took it for granted that everyone would do the same. This led to a serious lack of strength in the early game for the squad when starting with a Lv0 pilot.
A more serious problem is that the previous design would lead to a large difficulty variance in the early game, and the timing of the pod would make for a very different experience.
This adjustment will not unduly increase squad's early game strength with Lv2 pilot, but it will make the Lv0 pilot start much better. On the other hand, the ultimate range of Conducted Pulse has been limited, making it not strong enough to be unbalanced in the late game.
Last edited by Compartany on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:18 pm

Since last major update, as of v1.1.5.20210102:
1. Now, there are demo videos of the squad: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cK41137DF
2. Before, when Shifter pushes two objects to water at the same time, even if the first object sank into water, it could not push the second object to water. Fixed.
3. Optimize EnvLoader's algorithm for locking tiles to ensure that it locks on target number of tiles in most cases.
4. Minor optimization of Volcano.Lava Environment so that it cannot eat the volcano. But it can still eat buildings with no power damage, because I think this is interesting.
5. Fixed a bunch of bugs, especially those that only appear when used with other MODs.
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:08 pm

1.2.0.20210102 & 1.3.0.20210103

* Significantly optimize Environment mechanics in unconventional Environment-missions (especially Environments introduced by other MODs). No longer rely on air support, but rely on overlay Artificial Environment to integrate with various strange Environments.
* EnvLoader upgrade 1 "Ally Immune": now immunize most Environments (except those coding in strange ways), instead of being limited to Artificial Environment.
* Tides and Cataclysm Environments are handled specially.
* Volcano.Lava Environment deals damage to buildings, in order to be consistent with Tides and Cataclysm Environments.

* EnvLoader now terminates unit actions on most Env, instead of terminating actions as a feature of Artificial Env. (buggy, fixed in 1.3.2.20210104)
* Previously, saving game when EnvLoader is generating Environment would cause location information lost. Fixed.
* Optimized integration with Tides and Cataclysm Env. Now ally immune always works in these Env.
* Optimized integration with other MODs. Now it can handle those MOD Env that kill themselves at some point.
Last edited by Compartany on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:28 am

1.4.1.20210104 Make-Interesting Update

Shifter
* Upgrade 2 Overload: jump > jump unlimited distances
* Upgrade 2 Overload: cannot jump when Mech cannot use Shifter (e.g., ground Mech in water) for balance

Conducted Pulse
* Upgrade 2: +2 Range > +1 Range
* Upgrade 2 +1 Range: 3 Cores > 2 Cores

Overload's changes just for making it more interesting. As a balance, reduce the upper limit of Conducted Pulse once again .
Last edited by Compartany on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:22 pm

Shifter
* Equipped Cores: 2 > 0
* Upgrade 1: Push & Pull > Pull
* Upgrade 1 Pull: Cannot push

EnvLauncher
* Upgrade 2 Inward: Can only be triggered when target is movable object
* Upgrade 2 Inward: Cores 2 > 1

EnvLoader
* Upgrade 2 Area & Damage: 3/4 island extra lock tiles 2 > 1
* Upgrade 2 Area & Damage: Cores 2 > 3
* Blobbers do not attack tiles locked on by EnvLoader
* Do not "FlyingSpawn" objects (e.g., ice island factory bots, spiderling eggs spawned by SpiderBoss) in tiles locked on by EnvLoader

Conducted Pulse
* Upgrade 2 +1 Range: Cores 2 > 3

EnvLauncher
* Upgrade 1: Chain > Chain 1
* Upgrade 1 Chain 1: Cannot push obstruction if target was pushed successfully
* Upgrade 2: Inward > Chain 2
* Upgrade 2 Chain 2: Change to "If target object was pushed unsuccessfully, push its front and back tiles."

1.5.2.20210106 & 1.5.3.20210107 & 1.5.4.20210108

Shifter
* Upgrade 1 Pull: No longer limited by movespeed and can pull object to make it move 1 - 2 tiles
* Upgrade 2 Overload: Unable to overload when in smoke and not ignore smoke
* Upgrade 2 Overload: Considering the compatibility with Chen Rong, correctly handle 1 free tile movement

EnvLoader
* Upgrade 2 Area & Damage: No longer tied to island progress and are both fixed at 1
* Artificial Environment: Deal 1 extra damage to units with more than 4 health
* Artificial Environment: When locking on Psions, the damage is performed in two steps, killing Psions first before settling the other locked tiles to ensure that enemies in the other locked tiles do not be buffed
* Psions & Goos will be attracted to and approach Env generated by the EnvLoader, but will not move on it
* Burrowers have a chance of accidentally moving into Env generated by the EnvLoader because they can't make accurate judgments underground (the chance is related to number of enemies on field and number of dangerous enemies <Burrowers & Blast Psions> on field)
* Mountains can be locked on in the "Destroy 2 Mountains" mission

1.5.7.20210108 & 1.5.8.20210109

Shift Mech
* Health: 4 > 5

Environment Mech
* Health: 3 > 2

Others
* "Kill at least N Enemies" bonus objective will not appear in mission Tides / Cataclysm / Crack / SnowStorm.

Note:
In fact, the last version has been in a reasonable strength, but the fault tolerance is too low. If the first two islands for various reasons cannot get 8 cores, islands 3 will be much more difficult to play. In addition, if +2 health pilot is not found, it will also be very difficult to play.
Slight increase Shift Mech's health, which will not help in early game. Although this may cause a little op in late game, I think game MODs are acceptable with a little op. This is not entirely without positive implications for gameplay. The change gives the player one more chance to choose: playing at risky way, overload with 7 health for saving core to upgrade other mech or skill.
For balance, decrease EnvMech's Health, which should forces player cannot ignore its low health in late game, in order to limit EnvMech's movespeed or skill upgrades.
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:02 pm

1.6.0.20210111 & 1.6.1.20210111

Shift Mech
* Add "Heavy" attribute (Heavy unit cannot have its movement increased, and take 1 damage when running out of movement)

Shifter
* Upgrade 2 Overload: Overload is not triggered when running out of movement

EnvLoader
* Upgrade 2 Area & Damage: Extra area and extra damage are tied to island progress (area +0/1/1/1, damage +0/0/1/1)
* Will not be added to shop by default

Others
* Optimize squad icon and weapon images
* Fix tons of bugs

I have been satisfied with the balance of this version (1.6.0), and I should not make a balance update afterwards. Hope I will not eat my words.

EnvLoader
* Update 2 Ally Immune: Optimize adaptation for Airstrike Env
* Fix the bug that Blobs can be spawned on Env generated by EnvLoader

Conduction Pulse
* Optimize the attack indicator so that players can can visually see the weapon range. As a result of this change, Conducted Pulse can now perform meaningless attacks that actually push nothing.

Others
* Optimized Artificial Environment processing

1.6.4.20210114 & 1.6.5.20210116

Shifter
* Upgrade 2 Overload: Apply burn effect to Mech when triggered even if it is already in burn state, and optimize the trigger condition.
* Upgrade 2 Overload: Optimize anti-webbing animation and its handling process

EnvLauncher
* Fix the bug that Explosion animation will be played on Mech after modApiExt is imported.

Others
* Optimize weapon resource loading code
* Optimize the animation of Artificial Environment to make it look more natural
Last edited by Compartany on Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compartany

Postby Compartany » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Shift Mech
* Heavy: Damage taken when running out of movement is limited to Mech and does not trigger terrain effects

Shifter
* Upgrade 1 Pull: Fix a negative status transfer processing bug when pulling at 2 ranges
* Upgrade 2 Overload: Optimized anti-webbing handling process
* Upgrade 2 Overload: After consideration, the fire damage caused by Overload is not limited to Mech itself, but remains as it was before
* After consideration,  negative status transfer is not limited to target itself, but remains as it was before
* Optimized TipImage (thanks to Lemonymous)

Others
* Updated modApiExt to v1.13 to root out the previous EnvLauncher attack animation bug (thanks to kartoFlane)

EnvLoader
* Fix the bug that OverlayEnv second processing is not executed when locking on Psion
* Fix the bug that OverlayEnv effect affects the execution of outer Env

Others
* Env_Volcano:ENV_LAVA in Mission_Final will not trigger at (0, 0), (0, 1), (1, 0) to avoid pawns moving in by special means such as Overload
* Optimize README
* Removed modApiExt warning code