Mod vs Vanilla question.

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
WalterRR

Mod vs Vanilla question.

Postby WalterRR » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Hello mech pilots :D. I've been playing FTL for a while, though not too much since ITB, figured I would try out the mods..

I am having a few issues! First off let me provide a few screen caps with information as to why is going on. I suppose that is the easiest way to do this without having to be asked what am I doing, etc etc.

When loading the mods up, nothing seems different. No new mecha units, nothing different in starting squads. I mean maybe I am doing this wrong, which is likely. I am just trying to figure this out.

The only one I've seen work so far is a Lost mission one where there are supply crates. However, after 1 turn this mission was failed. I didn't even have time to shoot things. Sigh. Darn Vek, getting in the way of not dying.

Can someone hit me with the clue stick please, I got Vek to smush, and after two or so months of slowly figuring out how not to fail at this game I desire more mecha.
Lemonymous

Re: Mod vs Vanilla question.

Postby Lemonymous » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 pm

You're nearly there.

The base game only allows for 8 different squads at the same time (bar secret squad). To play a modded squad, you need to replace one of the default squads with the modded one. Your last screenshot there can have a maximum of 8 boxes ticked.
WalterRR

Postby WalterRR » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:30 pm

Lemonymous wrote:You're nearly there.

The base game only allows for 8 different squads at the same time (bar secret squad). To play a modded squad, you need to replace one of the default squads with the modded one. Your last screenshot there can have a maximum of 8 boxes ticked.

I figured this out by accident haha. I was playing with the layout and found it lets me use locked mechs if i turn on or off the squads, some fun mechas. Still dont know why im getting the asset bug. I blame the Vek The other mods seem to be working too but they're subtle I didn't notice the change until the aliens got a good bit tougher suddenly.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:50 am

If the asset bug you are referring to is the error in your second screenshot (only thumbnails work now), I believe that is because one of the mods you installed is added incorrectly in the mods folder.

In the first screenshots at the bottom there is a folder named scripts, and an image file that I cannot read the name of. You can probably check the image to figure out which mod the scripts folder belong to and move it correctly in the mods folder. The correct structure is: mods/nameOfMod/scripts.