Why we can't access to some parts of texts ?

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
Blue_Tree

Why we can't access to some parts of texts ?

Postby Blue_Tree » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:02 am

Are there reasons why we can't access to some parts of texts ? I mean, I want to do a translation of the game but I can't translate all parts of the game.
For example, in the corporation store, we can change the name for the "Donate" categories, but not for the "Buy" one.
In the same way, there is a "Button_MainProfile" text but it does nothing and the title of the "Profile" window cannot be modified too
I also saw that the game menu has categories (Timeline Playtime, Difficulty) and we can't change this.

One last thing : in the combat ui, we have the title for the power grid and grid defense, but the "grid" text is the same category in the text.lua and, translated in my language, it gives something like "grid power" and "defense grid" that means nothing.

Would you be able to do something about this ? If yes, it will be very useful for all the people who want to translate your game

EDIT : I also saw all the "game over" window, where we must choose one pilot for the next game, ... cannot be translated