[Suggestion] Let Vice Fist throw objects into other objects

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
chandl34

[Suggestion] Let Vice Fist throw objects into other objects

Postby chandl34 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm

In some cases, Judo Mech can't attack because enemies are 2 tiles away from another enemy/mountain/building. So when Vice Fist is blocked in this way, I'd like to suggest letting it cause bump damage to the blocking object, and keeping the thrown enemy in his original location. This would help make Steel Judoka squad more manageable on higher difficulties.
stylesrj

Re: [Suggestion] Let Vice Fist throw objects into other objects

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:37 am

So what would happen if the enemy behind the throwing Mech cannot be moved (Burrower or object behind them) and/or has the HP to survive the bump damage?
What happens to the unit being thrown? Where would they go?
buttfield

Postby buttfield » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:04 pm

That'd be a logistical nightmare to implement, yeah.
I have my doubts about VF needing a buff, but if that winds up on the table, something like added range akin to spear or the flamer would open some options.
NilsBloodaxe

Postby NilsBloodaxe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 pm

stylesrj wrote:So what would happen if the enemy behind the throwing Mech cannot be moved (Burrower or object behind them) and/or has the HP to survive the bump damage?
What happens to the unit being thrown? Where would they go?

I'm not the OP, but I don't understand what your concern is based on the OP's suggestion. OP clearly says the blocking enemy would get bump damage and the thrown enemy would stay in place. Even if the blocking enemy could move, OP does not suggest they would.