[Bug]NPC Bots (Ice bots) do not have correct movement order

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
quay

[Bug]NPC Bots (Ice bots) do not have correct movement order

Postby quay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Hey,

In the indicator for the order of actions it is shown, that the bots move first, and afterwards the Veks, but in reality the Veks move first and only then the bots perform their actions.
isla

Re: [Bug]NPC Bots (Ice bots) do not have correct movement order

Postby isla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:20 pm

I can't seem to reproduce this on my end, but I believe you. Do you think you could grab a couple screenshots or take a video?
quay

Postby quay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:37 pm

This is the video.
https://youtu.be/Mfk7A8aIqkQ

The problem is that the "actions" are divided in first attacks for both (in this case none for the bots) and movements afterwards.
Either a differentiation between attacks and movement is needed, since although actions covers both, the correct order is ommited in this case.
isla

Postby isla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Your video cut out a few times, but to me it looks like things were behaving as intended. i.e. The bots (1 + 2) moved first but did not queue up any attacks, followed by the Vek who moved and telegraphed their attacks.
Cybrot

Postby Cybrot » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:58 am

Hello. I captured this screenshot (see attachment) while playing yesterday (i dont have video). There is something funny at least with the Attack Order information tooltip. Here you can see that units 1 and 5 are mixed up a bit. 1 on the screen is the Terraforming unit (NPC), and 5 is an Vek enemy. The tooltip does not think so :-), Anyway, as I recall the Terraforming unit did perform its action first.

Edit: Looks like I'm not able to attach the file. I get an error: "Error - Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
Trying with a link:

Great game!
isla

Postby isla » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Ah ha! Thank you. That's a big help.