Minor feedback about the game

General discussion about the game.
Mahebra

Minor feedback about the game

Postby Mahebra » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:47 pm

First I want to say that I absolutely adore this game, 10,000% otherwise I wouldn't even bother to register an account!

Having said that, I do have a few minor gripes with the game, and they're very minor.

The first being specific designations of missions, like "Destroy 2 mountains & Kill 7 enemies" spawning as the same objective on a single mission -- on easy this was usually a struggle to complete (well, on easy it's 5 but) because you have to spend every action per turn making sure you don't take any grid damage and eliminating threats for the objective, while at the same time focusing down mountains. Some of them come pre-broken so it should be an easy thing to destroy them yourself, but it really isn't, and on normal/hard runs, I often find myself having to choose between finishing off the 7 enemies (I run low damage teams, like the Frozen Titans a lot) or finishing the objective -- which is doubly frustrating because you either have to dedicate one action per turn for 4 turns to destroying mountains, or focus two or three of your mechs on said objective, and thus you likely won't be able to kill all the enemies in time (especially not once you start getting several waves of Alphas and you don't have much to deal with there.)

I know the obvious solution is to not choose those missions with low damage teams that are more focused on negating damage to buildings that being outright destructive powerhouses, but a few times, it was the only mission I could take on an island, and I either had to accept I wasn't going to get a "perfect" island, or abandon that timeline and hope the dice rolled more in my favor.

I'd also like humbly ask that freezing enemies count towards the kill count after the final turn in a "Kill X enemies" mission. Perhaps to balance it, cause freezing to inflict 1 damage similar to a status effect, without breaking the ice? That might be too overpowered, but if I managed to keep a few enemies frozen until the final turn of the battle, after all their allies have retreated, it'd be nice to have that count towards my counter, so that my ice mech, or mech with an ice generator, themal generator, etc. doesn't feel like a liability so much in those missions.. as it stands, I usually try to avoid those missions until I've found a second weapon for my ice mech and it can properly contribute, which while nice, doesn't feel "fit" with the game. Perhaps change the wording to "Eliminate X Enemies", and the thought would be that after their allies retreated, they're taken back to HQ wherever and successfully experimented on for "Secret" reasons. ;)

Finally, I want to thank the team so much for including a colorblind mode, it has been INCREDIBLY helpful, but I do have one minor change I'd make -- can you add a symbol when a building or mech is being attacked as well?

You already have the symbol when a mech is standing in a hazard, the little yellow ! symbol, perhaps you could have a blue one, or red one when you're going to take friendly damage? There are times where it's hard for me to see the grid under my mechs or buildings (if they're frozen, for example, and many times on the ice maps, or if they're standing in water..)

It's not a major deal, as you can just hover over attacking enemies and it highlights where they're going to be attacking, this is just a very minor QoL thing, as the current implementation of the colorblind mode already solves every issue I had with the game before, it's wonderful <3