Should frozen enemies count as kills?

General discussion about the game.
stickthemantis

Should frozen enemies count as kills?

Postby stickthemantis » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Right now, enemies that are frozen at the end of the battle are treated like they have escaped, which doesn't make much sense. While there is an argument that having them give xp or count towards objectives that require you kill Vek would be too powerful (especially against bosses), I think it'd at least be nice if the game acknowledged that you have a bunch of new Vek statues. It just feels weird when someone says something along the lines of "the Vek are getting away" when the number of Vek able to do that is in actuality zero.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
isla

Re: Should frozen enemies count as kills?

Postby isla » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:06 am

Into the suggestion doc it goes!
Chrisy15

Re: Should frozen enemies count as kills?

Postby Chrisy15 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm

I guess the issue with this would be conceptual in that you could win the Reactivation mission (various enemies thawing out of ice every turn, with the objective to allow none to survive) by freezing them all again, which is perhaps a little cynical :p

"Well yes Mrs. Zenith we've uh killed all the frozen guys yes totally now don't worry about them anymore it'll be fine"

I guess it might also make "Kill X Enemies" missions easier perhaps, although I guess that depends on however capable the Ice Mechs are.
Civ V and VI modder enticed by the idea of giant mech suits suplexing giant insects into each other's paths.

Where the Korean Flower roams, it seems Lua follows...
...no sign of a database yet though...