5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
The Captain

Re: 5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Postby The Captain » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: Millennium Falcon

5thHorseman has so much scrap, buys Cloak and Drone Control, promptly forgets to use them. Also doesn't notice Drone Control is one bar, so can't use Defense Drone. :lol:

Also, didn't notice for long time that Force Healing Trance was not working for Luke. ;)

(Edit: changed subject back to thread subject, put "Re: Millennium Falcon" in body)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:26 pm

The Captain wrote:5thHorseman has so much scrap, buys Cloak and Drone Control, promptly forgets to use them. Also doesn't notice Drone Control is one bar, so can't use Defense Drone. :lol:

That is one of my classic blunders. I'm always buying stuff and then not using it. One of my favorite lines from the whole series is, "Aaaaaand they hit my drone crontrol. <pause>. They hit my drone control. Which I have. I have drone control. And a defense drone. That I bought specifically to shoot down missiles." (major paraphrasing, of course. I'm not going to scour 200 videos to find that one)

But I won't take the blame for not noticing that drones have only 1 power. We have conventions for a reason, people!

:lol:
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:04 pm

My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Madhax

Postby Madhax » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:56 am

Yikes, that's a tough-looking ship. I may have to give it a shot and see if my luck is better than yours.

I'm curious, why didn't you sell the anti-personnel drones? They seem pretty bad on a ship with no oxygen supply. Any enemy boarders will most likely die before they can do much damage, and the scrap from the schematic might have gotten you shields faster.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Madhax wrote:Yikes, that's a tough-looking ship. I may have to give it a shot and see if my luck is better than yours.

I'm curious, why didn't you sell the anti-personnel drones? They seem pretty bad on a ship with no oxygen supply. Any enemy boarders will most likely die before they can do much damage, and the scrap from the schematic might have gotten you shields faster.

I found the AP drone saved many a system from being damaged by just showing up in time to take some shots before the boarders died. I'm not positive it was worth not selling the thing, but hey. I don't think any strategy could make that ship easier to play :)

---------

I've not had enough of the air-free ships, however, and now I'm taking a ride in The Nexus. Click to see how it goes.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:05 pm

I brush off the past losses and rally on regardless in Soverign, the newest ship from KartoFlane. See how long Saren lasts and how far I can get this ship through the game.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Madhax

Postby Madhax » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:11 am

You made the Auto-Cruiser look quite fun, so I downloaded it and took it for a spin, too. Lost in sector 3 due to never finding a new weapon, which sucked because I HAD managed to upgrade the shoddy laser drone to an anti-ship drone and also picked up a defense drone.

I found that you can often get bonus rewards in the early sectors through asphyxiating the enemy crew. It's much easier if they don't have a medbay, but possible even if they do. Getting level 2 sensors helped a ton, by the way, because the beam also has direct damage to crew capabilities, and it lets you make more breaches.

Starting with the drone recovery arm makes me really want to get far with this ship... getting multiple attack drones out at once is something I've never made frequent use of, but it seems fun.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Awww, AutoCruiser doesn't want a Medbay for its Goodlife? :lol:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Meh. Meatbags take too much coddling.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 pm

I start Season 3 of the show off with an revisit to Wiseworm's Klingon ships. This time I take his Battle Cruiser out for a run, and realize just how quickly I need to find replacements for those torpedoes.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB