[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
HappyThug

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby HappyThug » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 am

Can we get a mod for just the new weapons and drones? I want to have the biggest possible random arsenal throughout my playthroughs, but I don't really want to play forever, I still want to beat the game and still have ships I'm trying to unlock. Are additional weapons mods typically compatible with other weapons mods?
Ryangreen1

Postby Ryangreen1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:41 pm

I love this mod, but I've encountered a problem running this along with advanced battle systems. It works perfectly until I beat one of the mini bosses. As soon as i destroy one, the game crashes. This has happened twice with the stealth cruiser and once with the mini rebel flagship. I only played a couple times without advanced battle systems and I only beat one boss but it seemed to work fine. I'm assuming its a problem running both at once. Is there any way i can work around this?

Edit: Just played a game without advanced battle systems. I beat the mantis boss with the zoltan cruiser and in the next sector i got the stealth ship. Once i beat him the game crashed yet again.
MrSmite

Postby MrSmite » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 am

HappyThug wrote:Can we get a mod for just the new weapons and drones? I want to have the biggest possible random arsenal throughout my playthroughs, but I don't really want to play forever, I still want to beat the game and still have ships I'm trying to unlock. Are additional weapons mods typically compatible with other weapons mods?

DronesPlus will take care of the drones. As far as weapon mods go, search the Working Mods forum, there are plenty.
kuknabug

Postby kuknabug » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:40 am

Ryangreen1 wrote:I love this mod, but I've encountered a problem running this along with advanced battle systems. It works perfectly until I beat one of the mini bosses. As soon as i destroy one, the game crashes. This has happened twice with the stealth cruiser and once with the mini rebel flagship. I only played a couple times without advanced battle systems and I only beat one boss but it seemed to work fine. I'm assuming its a problem running both at once. Is there any way i can work around this?

Edit: Just played a game without advanced battle systems. I beat the mantis boss with the zoltan cruiser and in the next sector i got the stealth ship. Once i beat him the game crashed yet again.

version 0.4.3
-fixed crash issue with stealth and pirate battleship rewards.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:41 am

What doesn't this mod conflict? About nothing. Every one of my mods conflict it :x
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 am

Hi, im just new to this great game, and i love this mod, is maybe the only thing that the game really needs, since the usual way to finish it is too short and a bit boring after 4 - 5 games.

But i just want to know if this mod is compatible with the weaponanza mod (apparently the best weapons mod available :( )(i guess not, but i need to be sure) or the advanced shields and weapons mod, apparently this mods conflicts with one of em (or maybe both).

Another thing, i was wondering, is there a way that we could backstep the path through a sector instead of advancing ?? lol. U know, if u miss any spot on a sector, it will be great if u can go back and finish wat u started :p

Anyways, great job!!.
Last edited by speedoflight on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Anyways, i discovered a crash. When entering a new sector, when the crystal entity quest appear, the game crashes when i click on "continue".
ImageImage
Whoopty

Postby Whoopty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 pm

For those who have "finished" runs of FTL:IS, as Dark alluded to, I am working on some events that will make for a harder meta game and an overarching story that should make for quite a challenge, even for experienced players. We've even theorised that there could be several main quest lines that span all sectors, but those are still ideas for now.

For those that have encountered some of my new events, there should be some hints at who players will be facing off against in the main quest line.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:35 pm

speedoflight wrote:But i just want to know if this mod is compatible with the weaponanza mod (apparently the best weapons mod available :( )(i guess not, but i need to be sure) or the advanced shields and weapons mod, apparently this mods conflicts with one of em (or maybe both).

Torchwood202 wrote:What doesn't this mod conflict? About nothing. Every one of my mods conflict it :x

Okay yes, some mods (event ones, mostly) will conflict. It's the nature of the beast - events designed to be encountered in standard gameplay or with rebels chasing you won't come into play here.
But weapons & ships should function just fine.
REMEMBER:
  • Load Infinite Space first
  • Load other mods after
That's it. You can set the load order in GMM from your FTL\mods\modorder.txt file.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Yeah, i tried loading ispace first, with the same result. Im wondering if it will be possible to "merge" the mods that are in conflict, just fixing the same events (that i presume are the things that are in conflict) to both of em, or something like that. Is this possible?? If it is, is there any tutorial or something about this?? Thx in advance.

As i said, weaponanza, that is a weapons mod, doesnt work in conjunction with this mod, apparently. But i dont know for sure, cuz i dont have any idea if the weaponanza mod is even loading, i just presume it doesnt work after i read some advises i found in the proper trhead.

Beginning advantage scrap, doesnt work too, i think it is cuz they both use start_game and start_beacon events.

I mean, the only mods i want are this one, of course, the weaponanza mod and the advanced shields and weapons mod. The last one will work, but not the weaponanza.

Sorry if i ask for something stupid or i say something non-sense, xD. I just discovered this game 5 days ago.. :shock: :lol:
ImageImage