Hull image not showing up on superluminal

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Mackchee

Hull image not showing up on superluminal

Postby Mackchee » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello everyone!

This is an edit

I Finally resolved the issue, i'm going to leave this here in case anyone else has the issue.

I made a hull design on GIMP but it wouldn't show up when i put it in superluminal. I realised that superluminal wasn't liking any images made in GIMP so after some help from the forums and 2 discord servers, I found that all i had to do was put the image through another software (I used medibang pro which may actually be a better alternative to GIMP, i'll have to mess around with it) before putting it into superluminal and it worked

Hope this helps, have a good one!
Last edited by Mackchee on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
He's not active, but he's not inactive, he's none other than the "Largely Obscure Fludders!"
5thHorseman

Re: Hull image not showing up on superluminal

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:16 pm

I wish I could help more but I've not modded FTL in years. I had this issue before and IIRC it's something specific about your image file. Like, it doesn't have an alpha channel or something like that. I don't recall exactly what was wrong or what fixed it, but I do recall for a fact it was my image, not the game or Superluminal.

Look for differences between your image and what works. Try to make your image as much like those that work as possible.

If all else fails, try to copy your image onto a working image and then save that, rename it, and put it into your mod.

And finally, you may try asking on the FTL discord server. Most of the active modders are on there now. https://discord.gg/0mMV9KdaDtPiS9uR
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Mackchee

Postby Mackchee » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:22 am

Thank you very much, I am going to try those things now and I will see how it goes! Also that is a huge discord server!
He's not active, but he's not inactive, he's none other than the "Largely Obscure Fludders!"
AgentTHeKat

Postby AgentTHeKat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:59 pm

I've had the same issue with gibs before. I have found 2 fixes, a both hotfixes, neither of which work very well.
ONE: Make slight edits to the image (add more transparent space on the image, i.e. 1 pixel at a time, rename) and pray it'll work one time you do it
TWO: reinstall SL2. It's the fix-all to all Superluminal issues. Why does this work? Because SL2 is jank af. But it worked enough for me.
I'll gladly do this before using anything other than GIMP lol
It's me, one of those Multiverse Devs!
Do you have a ship sprite you aren't sure about? Do you think it could be better, but aren't sure how?
Contact me on discord (AgentTheKat#1953), and I'll see what I can do! It's kind of my thing.