[MOD TOOL][WIP]FTL Ship Creator 0.2 BETA [MAJOR UPDATE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DragudoFire

Re: [MOD TOOL][WIP]FTL Ship Creator 0.2 BETA [MAJOR UPDATE]

Postby DragudoFire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Seems really cool but at the moment it seems like its just plain broke, or im just a complete idiot. When i try to make a new room it dosn't have the black outline that other ships have and if i click something else it just dissapers. The weapons and augument things both don't work (Keeps giving me ann error message if you want me to post what it says tell me). The doors seem to work but not the greatest Ex i go to place it and it will appear 2 boxes lower than i want. And a more specific tutorial would be nice, but keep up the good work this is the best ship creating program i have seen so far.

Edit
Never mind i din't read the instructions foor doors and rooms
alpha wolfgang

Postby alpha wolfgang » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:50 am

i think i failed lol. winxp 32bit, i believe i have the required .net. i opened it up and i didnt have ftl unpacked, selected the ftl location and then it crashed and crashes every time i start it now, deleted the ship creator and re downloaded and still crashes. im confused :P
Tassyr

Postby Tassyr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 pm

So, er- does this thing work yet or not? o.o
Slayerckm

Postby Slayerckm » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 am

Is the creator still working on this, if would like to point out some errors or just get help getting the edited ships to actually work in game.
Serris

Postby Serris » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 am

I too would like an update on the status of this utility, seeing as its instability is the only thing holding my mod back from release.
Dugatee

Postby Dugatee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:34 pm

tazardar wrote:1. Download this .bat file in to your FTL folder and execute it. This should unpack the .dat files.
TAz

I couldn't get any unpacker to work so I tried this one, here's the error I get

boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:50 pm

You are most likely running the script from the wrong directory. The script should apparently be placed so that it is alongside the "resources" directory of the game. You are apparently running the scripts straight from your Downloads folder.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Dugatee

Postby Dugatee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:48 am

boa13 wrote:You are most likely running the script from the wrong directory. The script should apparently be placed so that it is alongside the "resources" directory of the game. You are apparently running the scripts straight from your Downloads folder.
Yeah, I Figured it out, it was in the wrong place, however I still get the same error I got before that one. (I put up a thread for it.)
temotodochi

Postby temotodochi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:17 pm

And the ftldat.exe you supply with this program contains a trojan (according to AVG)
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am

Doesn't seem like this one's in development anymore. */peels the glue off*