[Tool][v1.31] FTL Event Creator

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
elijahdb

Re: [Tool][v1.3] FTL Event Creator

Postby elijahdb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm sorry if this option is in plain sight, but I can't find the quest add-on. Where is it?
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
gentasaurus

Postby gentasaurus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:55 pm

elijahdb wrote:I'm sorry if this option is in plain sight, but I can't find the quest add-on. Where is it?

Should be in the details tab.
Image Image ImageImage
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:11 pm

I found the button for it, it was hiding behind the arrows. Thanks!
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
gentasaurus

Postby gentasaurus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:50 am

elijahdb wrote:I found the button for it, it was hiding behind the arrows. Thanks!

No problem. Was it a graphical bug? Like, were the arrows on top of the button?
Image Image ImageImage
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:45 am

gentasaurus wrote:No problem. Was it a graphical bug? Like, were the arrows on top of the button?

Yup.
gentasaurus

Postby gentasaurus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:17 am

elijahdb wrote:
gentasaurus wrote:No problem. Was it a graphical bug? Like, were the arrows on top of the button?

Yup.

Do you mind positing a screenshot? It's hard for me to fix graphical bugs on my OS.
Image Image ImageImage
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:23 pm

I know you said event loading will not be a feature, but I kind of wish that--if I or someone else were to build on your work--that eventually it would be? Like if it became a standalone .jar app, maybe these things would be possible.

For example, I'd like to load the Zoltan Ship Quest event just as an example to look at, because that has a lot of things...

Other things I was thinking about, which may not be realistic:

-the ability to add enemy ships and be able to see what they look like
-a graph/tree at the bottom that shows the event's decision tree
gentasaurus

Postby gentasaurus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:13 pm

NarnKar wrote:I know you said event loading will not be a feature, but I kind of wish that--if I or someone else were to build on your work--that eventually it would be? Like if it became a standalone .jar app, maybe these things would be possible.

Such a feature isn't currently planned, correct; however, once everything on my to-do list is complete, I may end up implementing a load function in the event of me having a lot of free time on my hands. While this shouldn't actually be too difficult, especially with the system I use to assign each state its effects, I'm just simply not sure of it happening at the moment due to my schedule.

I initially wanted to design a browser-based version as a sort of prototype, so that it could be accessible for everyone and I wouldn't have to go into licensing and other stuff. Now that it's released, I feel that it also fits the purpose better.

It's true that your other suggestions aren't the most realistic or easy things to do, considering the amount of free visual space on the page amongst other impracticalities, but I will keep them noted for potential features for future updates.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Image Image ImageImage
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:10 pm

You can see the blue square around the arrows, that's where the button is hidden.

gentasaurus

Postby gentasaurus » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:11 am

elijahdb wrote:You can see the blue square around the arrows, that's where the button is hidden.

That is really weird. I didn't put those arrows there. Investigating...
Image Image ImageImage