[MOD][WIP]Faster Than Hard Light

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
blaeron

Re: [MOD][WIP]Faster Than Hard Light

Postby blaeron » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 am

Regarding the future of FTHL:

Having 8 different mod projects, having just bought a lot of games off Steam, having hit several stonewalls regarding CTDs on startup, being an utterly awful debugger, and having shifted most of my free time devoted to modding into actually modding FreeSpace 2, I have decided that I really cannot expect to get this out any time soon.

That said, it would be a great big shame for me to just give up and let it sit in my hard drive pending disappearing the next time I upgrade my PC, so, I have decided to publicly release the last working version of FTHL.

That said, do not count me as dead yet. I am going to resume work on this...
One day...
Maybe when BWO is released.(Sorry.)

May contain cashews and bugginess.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34728628/FTHLbeta1.ftl
Insert something witty and humorous here.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Shame to hear that, but thank you for announcing your decision and offering the mod for others to complete. Much better then just leaving it to rot. Hope to see you back for more in the future.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Ciotog

Postby Ciotog » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:34 pm

I've been throwing this idea around inside my head for a week now (A Freespace MOD). Let me know if you want any help. Been trying to think of events and what-not that could still work with the 8-sector FTL set-up.

*EDIT* Guess I should read all the posts before putting a response in. Thanks for putting your work up. I've never modded before and hopefully it gives me a good start.