I'm using the code from CE to understand how to add custom sectors but it won't be a complete overhaul so some of the older sectors will be there and I won't use any custom naming thing that CE does. So I'm only taking CE code as a guideline.
So here's some of my questions:
1. I'm using <mod-append:sector> to add new sectors in sectorType. But how do I remove an existing sector? Yes, I'm a noob at this.
2. Is it possible to change the colours of the green, red and purple circles in the sector map (not beacon map)? If so, how? If not, :'(
That there's kind of crucial for what I've currently got planned and I can't seem to find anything in the resource folder. I'm really hoping it's not hardcoded.
3. Is it possible to control the fleet advance rate for a beacon? Like, can I, say have the fleet slow down when I'm in an asteroid field or something? Or the fleet speed up when I'm at a store? Also, can I control the slow down and speed up rates, not just halving and doubling?
Also, is it possible to have a nebula event that doesn't slow down the fleet?
4. Is it possible to control the fleet advance rate for a normal sector? Like, can I have the fleet slow down in an abandoned sector but speed up in a rebel controlled sector? And also, can I control the slow down and speed up rate, not just have it at 80% like in a nebula sector?
5. Is it possible to have like a counter like the flagship on each sector (without any actual flagship ofc) so that you'd have to reach the exit beacon within a set number of jumps or fail the game?
6. Where do I set how many nebula beacons are in a particular sector? Is it the
Code: Select all
<event name="NEBULA" min="0" max="8"/>
Obviously, there will be more questions in the future in this thread as I start breaking the game. But for now, here's a start. Thank you all for taking your time to read this and answer