[Ship Idea] What is broken can be reforged

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[Ship Idea] What is broken can be reforged

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:22 am

So I was thinking of creating another ship based off of League of Legends. But not actually directly lifted from it. More like inspired.

I've got some idea on what it should look like and a backstory for it. Here's a summary:

The RSS Riven was a powerful Rebel ship armed with a powerful superweapon (Maybe it'll be called a Siege Cannon). However when the battle was not in the Rebel's favour, they ordered them to activate the weapon despite the dangers involved firing it at such close ranges. The Siege Cannon destroyed the Rebels and Federation ships alike and left the Riven badly damaged in the process.
Distraught by the horrors of war, the crew of the RSS Riven stole some vital intel and plan to deliver it to the Federation, because they don't want to be a part of a faction where the top brass cares so little for the lives of others.

So basically it'd be a Rebel ship with half of the hull being broken in pieces. Maybe it could be a Cruiser or Corvette from Captain's Edition. The problem is the gimmick. What would make the ship stand out from others in terms of playstyle (and not just looks)?

I was thinking of the Artillery being the Siege Cannon I mentioned above. It's not as powerful as it used to be but it could work something like the ASB but with a lot more damage involved.
But apart from that, what else could the ship use? Weaker hull? Two Dual Lasers?

I need some ideas on how to make it "unique" rather than a reskinned Kestrel or Shrike or something.
Yizzzy

Re: [Ship Idea] What is broken can be reforged

Postby Yizzzy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:56 am

Idk really. I know riven's thing in league is she has a lot of spammable no cost moves, so maybe some quick firing weapons and/or an autoreloader? maybe when her weapons are charging they slowly rebuild themselves? Or maybe have a shield overcharger to represent her shield dash, a stun bomb to represent her stun, and a laser charger that can charge 3 times with a chance to stun, to represent her Q? Idk riven seems difficult to build a ship around. :(
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:14 am

Heh I was thinking of a Shield Overcharger actually.

Weapon animations are something I'm not very good at so the idea that a gun might slowly rebuild itself with each shot would be an awesome thing but I doubt I could pull it off considering I can't even make proper gibs for custom ships.

Idk riven seems difficult to build a ship around

Just like in League, she's difficult to use but the reward is worth it when she's wrecking enemies left and right.

-----------------

Another idea I have actually is the ship starts with a Siege Cannon Augment. So if you want the Artillery, you can use the augment at the start to install the Artillery system on the ship. Or if you don't want it, you can not install it so you have a free slot for something else.
I'm sure it's possible through events or does it not work on Artillery?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:27 am

Normally I'd make an actual thread in the modding forum and say "Hey here's my new ship" but well this is only a prototype.

Hull design:

I used the Federation Destroyer from Captain's Edition as the main hull. So thanks Kieve and/or Sleeper Service for the hull.

Floor Layout

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z7f2b ... /Riven.ftl
(Replaces Kestrel B)

At some point I'll put in the event which will allow you to install the artillery or not.
What I need to know is if the weapons are OK (Dual Laser and Pike Beam) and whether or not the artillery needs to be altered.

Also, the ship has 25 Hull as opposed to most ships having 30. Why should a damaged ship have full HP?

Finally, the gibs don't have animations so if the ship explodes, it'll probably sit there.