[MOD][IDEA(kinda)] FTL: Close Combat

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

[MOD][IDEA(kinda)] FTL: Close Combat

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:50 pm

I will, most likely never end up finishing this, but I'm going to give it a shot, so here we go.

FTL: Close Combat

The Story
The story of FTL: Close Combat is a scaled down version of the original story. The story focuses on one planet during the war. The Rebels are invading, and The Federation is losing ground. You are a lone commander who has lost their fleet. You receive a message of urgency from your commanding officer. He tells of the Rebel's communication HQ. The building all Rebel messages go through and get redirected in. If this building falls the Rebels will fall into disrepair. The problem is it has great outer defenses. The local Federation Command center has analyzed a weakness though. If a small ground ship were to try to get past, it would have a much better chance of doing so. He asks if you can take your fleet through in an assault since all others have been confirmed dead or MIA. You tell him the terrible news. Now, with no time to spare, you have to take down the Communications HQ, save your planet, and save your home.

Game Changes
-All new backgrounds.
-Meteors are replaced with battlefields and stray fire.
-Land vehicles.
-Fight buildings/towers
-New boss. (Communications HQ)
Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Re: [MOD][IDEA(kinda)] FTL: Close Combat

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:37 pm

I'd play it. FTL: Faster Than Land?
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:19 am

I made the first stage of the comms center, it's only the first version though, it needs shading and stuff.
I will make more things for this.

EDIT:
Here is the standard tank,

Also the resolution is bad because I took that with my phone.

EDIT:

Added shading and a air vent.

That's phase 2.

YAY MOAR EDITS!:

A better version of the standard tank.
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Neat idea. I feel like this would work even better if it would be a mod for Convoy. :D
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:17 pm

Yeah, like sleeper said. It would probably be easier to make a convoy mod set in the ftl universe than it would to make an ftl mod set in the convoy world. It would be fun to see different styled vehicles in convoy designed like the ships for the various races. Engi might be hard though.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:04 pm

If you'd like CAKE, I'm going to set up a Google Drive for work on this, so if you PM'd me your email I'll add you to that. I haven't been home to start work on this yet so it wont have much in it, but I'm ready to start working more on it.