IOS FTL modding

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
FoldedDice

Re: IOS FTL modding

Postby FoldedDice » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:17 pm

The answer to this for most games on iOS is almost always no. Apple has very heavy restrictions on the level of file access that developers are allowed to grant for their apps, so the kind of modding seen on PC is either extremely impractical or straight up impossible.

It might be doable to make mods on iOS version by changing the game files directly using an external file manager. Even then, I'd imagine that the directory structure is different enough to prevent a PC mod from being used without it being extensively rewritten. No one has done this, as far as I'm aware.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:31 pm

There were a couple threads about this; most notably this one. I also seem to recall one other topic in which the OP actually had some success, but I'm unable to find it right now.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
tempthomas

Postby tempthomas » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:03 am

I would like to know where.. I want to play ftl on ipad with mods too man
ApplesOfEpicness

Postby ApplesOfEpicness » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:40 pm

I remember that thread as well. I can give you details on how to mod it, in fact my IOS FTL is modded atm.
However, the steps are convoluted, hard to explain, and hard to understand.

EDIT: Here's the original thread with the most accurate instructions. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23917
CommandZomb

Postby CommandZomb » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:31 am

FoldedDice wrote:The answer to this for most games on iOS is almost always no. Apple has very heavy restrictions on the level of file access that developers are allowed to grant for their apps, so the kind of modding seen on PC is either extremely impractical or straight up impossible.

It might be doable to make mods on iOS version by changing the game files directly using an external file manager. Even then, I'd imagine that the directory structure is different enough to prevent a PC mod from being used without it being extensively rewritten. No one has done this, as far as I'm aware.

I think you can open the files with a jailbreaked iPad. IDK.