[MOD REQ] Star Trek Conversion

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Closer76

[MOD REQ] Star Trek Conversion

Postby Closer76 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 am

Hello all!

I checked and didn't see this topic, so please excuse me if it is somewhere. First, the game is awesome, but as I play this, I can't help but feel that a semi-Total conversion mod to the Star Trek universe isn't perfect for this. Most likely, it will be the best Star Trek game ever made, and I am not joking! Basically, this mod would look like this:

Change Federation into, well, the Federation, and start with the good ole' NCC-1701
Change the Zoltan into the Vulcan, add their ships
Change the Mantis into the Klingon, add their ships
Change the Rock into the Romulans, add their ships

After this I am a little at a loss, maybe the Gorn and the Andorians could be added (to stay true to the classic series), otherwise the Borg, Cardassian, Ferengi could be added, or some other such. Anyways, I think the basic gameplay should stay the same, I would just love to play this game with the Enterprise destroying a Romulan Bird of Prey (since this game is basically a reenactment of the episode "Balance of Terror". Anyways, any thoughts? I would be eternally grateful if someone made this (or directed me to how to add my own ships).
Kieve

Re: [MOD REQ] Star Trek Conversion

Postby Kieve » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 am

I think you'll find this thread to be invaluable:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2645

As for what you're requesting? Well there are a couple NC1701's already, but a total conversion is still a considerable amount of work. In my past experience, simply showing up and saying "please make this!" won't get you very far - in addition to the mods listed, that thread also has a number of useful guides. Read through 'em at your leisure and try to gain an understanding of how to do some of that work yourself. Being able to mod for yourself is more likely to draw help to your cause ;)

Best of luck!