Nebula Stealth Cruiser [SHIP HULL]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Nebula Stealth Cruiser [SHIP HULL]

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:52 am

I've already created several custom hulls for various ships (and then asked rannl if they could be part of the ship randomiser project), but I found the Stealth Cruiser to be quite difficult to work with for recolouring. I had plans to make one in Rebel colours but after some preliminary tests with GIMP, I realised I wasn't much of an artist and gave up.

So then I went with my second idea of a Stealth Cruiser designed for a nebula. First order of business would be an awful purple hue that somewhat matches the clouds, followed by replacing the cloaking device with a cloud generator. Here is the fruits of my labours.

The Mynah itself:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hrfsa3lxxz0uye/Nebulastealth.ftl

The ship's hull:

Cloaking:

Notes:
It replaces the Nesasio. In fact is is the Nesasio but purple and with a new cloak. The mini ship icon hasn't even changed - I'm not good with those either. Always off centre.
The gibs are just recoloured so they might need some work if you want them to have black edges.

So you can either play with an alternative Nesasio skin and cloak or use the hull, gibs and cloak for a different Stealth Cruiser project. I don't really care much I just wanted to show this to everyone.
NarnKar

Re: Nebula Stealth Cruiser [SHIP HULL]

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:59 am

Very sluggy! Kind of reminds me of the slug Cealaforming stations you see in CE sometimes.

I'd like to use this as the basis for a ship mod, but I have no idea what to do with it. Thank you for the contribution, though!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:37 am

NarnKar wrote:Very sluggy! Kind of reminds me of the slug Cealaforming stations you see in CE sometimes.

I'd like to use this as the basis for a ship mod, but I have no idea what to do with it. Thank you for the contribution, though!

Certainly. That's what its there for. Maybe you could make a Stealth D and the lore could be the Slugs found a Stealth Cruiser and decided to modify it so they could sneak into Federation territory. For Cealaforming purposes :twisted:
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:16 pm

little disappointing with the Ship hull and I like your claoking style. Quite amazing looking.

Now I guess it's my turn to do my interpretation with the nebula-stealth cruiser eh?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:19 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:little disappointing with the Ship hull and I like your claoking style. Quite amazing looking.

Now I guess it's my turn to do my interpretation with the nebula-stealth cruiser eh?

How about a literal Nebula Cruiser? :lol:
I mean RAD-82 is working on a literal Star Fighter...
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:16 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:little disappointing with the Ship hull and I like your claoking style. Quite amazing looking.

How about a literal Nebula Cruiser? :lol:
I mean RAD-82 is working on a literal Star Fighter...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.... Now I get it. It's a literal star fighter :lol:
that took me much longer to get then it should've.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.