[tool][wip] weapon creator

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
lordrockit

Re: [tool][wip] weapon creator

Postby lordrockit » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:55 pm

well i hope i can help you with events, but i hope this tool helps, there are some edits you need to make to the code when its done, like add quotes and brakets to tags and stuff, but it simplifies what needs to go where
FTL lordrockit's weapon creator. Lordrockit- programer, 3d artist, gamer
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:19 pm

hey i have a free weapon sheet anim thing 10 frames, mount point x0 y45, fire point x8 y20, charged frame 6, fire frame 9, height 60, width 200 Image

if you want any like this i try to match the game's art style as best i can, so if you want an anim sheet just let me know
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Many new updates including change log removal of need to edit outputted code, and a change log for fun :D
all you have to do now is copy the code it outputs to the proper folders and put your sounds and images in the right place, then bam new weapons :D this editor works great and in about 7 minutes you have a weapon(just the code)

also check out the above post for a free open sourced image sheet
edit: forgot link lol http://jsfiddle.net/lordrockit/9w9v9hn9/11/embedded/result/
also i added the cc-by-2.0 licence to it
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:43 am

I am tempted to try it out but I think I will wait a week, as all these new updates will drive my poor packet loss internet insane :lol:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:33 am

R4V3-0N wrote:I am tempted to try it out but I think I will wait a week, as all these new updates will drive my poor packet loss internet insane :lol:

don't worry. About that each update is a new URL. And I think I'm pretty set for now it works that's all I need
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:12 am

lordrockit wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:I am tempted to try it out but I think I will wait a week, as all these new updates will drive my poor packet loss internet insane :lol:

don't worry. About that each update is a new URL. And I think I'm pretty set for now it works that's all I need

Alright. Can you tell me about how it works and such? Do I simply put down numbers into corresponding slots (ie 3 damage) and stuff for each aspect for a weapon?

Also about animations, how does that work for the tool? Does it also have a preview for how the animation will be seen in game?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:07 pm

ok, to start off im mking a video soon on how to use it and yes it is just putting values, animations, put in a few values look above for an animation sheet that you can, previewing is a planed feature now, thanks for the suggestion, with the forum being down, at least for me, i have an update i've had for some time now so here it ishttp://jsfiddle.net/lordrockit/9w9v9hn9/12/embedded/result/, just copy the file to the right directories, use this post for ome help on were to put the stuff http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17122 hope this program helps with your mods :D

edit: also i recommend to make a ship in superluminal 2 first so you have the base setup for you, and the post i said about for the making the weapon will help a ton for setting it up, in all it takes about 30 mins to make a weapon, and its as simple as i could make it.
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:20 pm

new minor update, just a licence change, the old versions are still cc by 2.0, this is now the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International witch means open sourced, if you share a modified verson of this, you can NOT charge money, and it HAS to be under the SAME licence. http://jsfiddle.net/lordrockit/9w9v9hn9/14/embedded/result/
lordrockit

Postby lordrockit » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:15 am

thanks for the suggestion raven, ive added the weapon image preview to it, with it running the animationhttp://jsfiddle.net/lordrockit/9w9v9hn9/15/embedded/result/
OneShot17

Postby OneShot17 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:23 pm

How about a desktop app? that would really let this take off, especially since my dad for whatever reason blocks the website you use to host the editor but my school doesn't :(