I would like to announce a little mod I am working on that I have called Star Trek: FTL. It is focused on being an almost total conversion mod. It will be set in the time frame of the original series.
I have started making this mod [and also started modding] 6 days ago, so new features may be added to the list (or removed) as I learn more about how to mod the game.
Current Features (Click links for screenshots):
- U.S.S. Horizon NCC-176 (Replaces Kestrel A)
- U.S.S. Saladin NCC-1981 (Replaces Engi Cruiser A)
- U.S.S. Centaur NCC-2012 (Replaces Fed Cruiser A)
- U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Replaces Zoltan Cruiser A)
- U.S.S. Federation NCC-2101 (Replaces Mantis Cruiser A)
- 2 additional player ships
- Custom Enemy/AI Ships (Currently: 6)
- New Player Weapons (phasers, torpedos)
- Custom enemy weapons
- New drone for the player
- Starfleet Uniforms on Humans
- Custom Room Art (Bridge, Sickbay, Engineering, Shuttlebay)
- Custom Hangar Deck
- Gibs on every ship
- New UI Sounds
- Custom Soundtrack
- Custom Sector Map
- Unique Sectors (Currently: Federation: 4; Klingon: 1; Romulan: 1;)
- Generic Sectors (Currently: Federation: 134; Klingon: 45; Romulan: 41;)
- Custom events (Currently: 1)
- FTL Events Replaced: 21
- Disable Fleet Pursuit
- Modify Mantis sprite sheet to look like Klingons.
- Modify Zoltan sprite sheet to look like Romulans.
Since we can't make custom races, the following is my race legend:
- Starfleet = Humans
- Klingons = Mantis
- Romulans = Zoltan
- Betazoid = Slug
- Gorn = Rock
- ? = Engi
- Tholian = Crystal
- ? = Lanius
- Orion Syndicate = Pirates
- ? = Rebels
If you have any constructive suggestions/feedback, I'm more than happy to hear it!