You mention that the start_event of the new game sector isn't called, because it fires a different event - do you know which event that is, or if there's a way to override it?
One of the things I enjoy in games where there's a level of customization is playing RNG Roulette, and then basing my build-out from that. So I'd like to be able to create a new player Ship which has access to all systems, but which comes with none preinstalled (up to and including weapons), and you get a random selection of equipment from the following list:
- Weapons system and a high level weapon, plus scrap enough to power it
- Weapons system, a medium level weapon, and a low level weapon, plus scrap enough to power them
- Weapons system and 3 low level weapons, plus scrap enough to power them
- Weapons system and 2 low level weapons, plus scrap enough to power them
- Teleporter, and enough scrap to power it
- Teleporter, and enough scrap to upgrade it to L2 and power it
- Shields, and enough scrap to power them
- Shields, and enough scrap to upgrade them to L2 and power them
- Cloaking, and enough scrap to power it
- Cloaking, and enough scrap to upgrade them to L2 and power it
- Drone Control, a random low level drone, and enough scrap to use it
- Drone Control
Each of these could be chained and would obviously need to be balanced in some manner to ensure you don't get all of the best of each from the start, but it would be a fun way to not know how you're going to start just by choosing a specific ship.
I don't, however, think there's currently any way of ensuring that you only get this event based upon using my specific custom-made ship, unless you gave it a crew of one of the "ghost" types (whatever that is, doesn't appear to be implemented yet) and set the "get random stuff" to only trigger upon that specific crew type.
Another question, which I've not been able to discern:
Is it possible to have an event require you to not have something? Such as having a "pacifist" option which is only available if you *don't* have any weapons, or an "anti-mantis" event that doesn't let you help if you have a Mantis on the crew?