[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.2

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Cheers, It started working fine on the other ships I made that day but I even checked and triple checked on the first ship with the problem that I got all the mounts in the right place and got 5 of them to accommodate the 4 weapon mount positions and artillery.

Another thing I might add is that on the same ship when I tried to place my first weapon mount it displayed the artillery weapon instead of the ships weapons or the dummy weapon so maybe due to some order of what I selected things might have caused the bug. After seeing the first mount was an artillery and not a weapon which I knew was odd I quickly deleted that mount and tried again after fiddling around with the weapon settings and artillery. Perhaps it is some weird bug that I managed to stumble into.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:00 am

I found a bug in the latest version:
When I reduce the size of the superluminal window it puts all the rooms of the ship into one small space, when I put it back into fullscreen all the rooms stay in that small space.
The red circle is the button which made the window smaller.
(Also the resolution is so bad because I took the image with my phone).
I think I have seen this bug in previous versions.
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:39 am

Yeah, that's one bug that I've been aware of for some time already. I've never really been sure how to fix it; there's no easy way for me to tell the editor not to move stuff when the window is resized.
It pretty much comes down to the way the editing area is implemented: it's not a "viewport" into a larger space around which you can move, but rather, the size of the window is all the working area you have available.

It is a flawed design, I know. Lessons have been learned.

Oh, and for future reference, you can use the Print Screen key on your keyboard to save an image of whatever is on your screen at the moment the button was pressed. Then you can open up Paint or some other program, paste the image into it, and save it.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
CAKE

Postby CAKE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Oh, and for future reference, you can use the Print Screen key on your keyboard to save an image of whatever is on your screen at the moment the button was pressed. Then you can open up Paint or some other program, paste the image into it, and save it.

I don't have screenshot software on the computer I use SuperLuminal on.
If you want to ask/tell me something and get a timely response, read this paste: https://pastebin.com/LXcq186T

Mod hub for some of my old mods (which will not be supported anymore) here

A Guide On How To Combine 2 Ships Into 1 File
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:40 pm

You don't need any special software. Any computer with the print screen button can record screenshots this way.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Dude1925

Postby Dude1925 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Does anyone else crash when they try to assign the drone room?
knyx13

Postby knyx13 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:50 am

Extremely consistent crash/issue with Captain's Edition installed:
-Install FTL
-Open latest edition of Superluminal, change Mantis 2 ship (Basilisk) to add some more crew
-Save out the .FTL to Slipstream mods folder
-Close Superluminal
-Run SMM, select my ship and Captain's Edition
-Patch
-Run FTL, textures in most ships appear black upon selecting new game
-Scroll through list to find the Mantis 2 ship
-Crash
Cem

Postby Cem » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:02 pm

I found the problem and solve it. I changed my system language Turkish to English and it solve the problem.
Simmons_the_Mantis

Postby Simmons_the_Mantis » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:19 am

Quick question here, how to you decide the position of the artillery weapon gun on a ship? because currently, they all float in the upper left corner, it`s ugly and annoying
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:59 am

Simmons_the_Mantis wrote:Quick question here, how to you decide the position of the artillery weapon gun on a ship? because currently, they all float in the upper left corner, it`s ugly and annoying

You'll need to add a 5th weapon to the ship.
All ships have 4 spots for weapons, even Stealth Cruisers and other ships that only have 3 guns. Artillery is the 5th weapon mount.