[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
VehicleAccess

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta

Postby VehicleAccess » Thu May 22, 2014 1:40 am

Clone bays do not work in any way, try to add one and it becomes a med bay.
Edit: Sorry, I was being moronic. They seem to be working now.
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Thu May 22, 2014 1:56 am

Got this error while saving as an .ftl:

Code: Select all

18:54:18.041 [main] ERROR com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - An error occured while saving the ship: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.IOUtils.readStream(IOUtils.java:117)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShip(ShipSaveUtils.java:161)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShipFTL(ShipSaveUtils.java:58)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.saveShip(EditorWindow.java:831)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.access$1100(EditorWindow.java:66)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow$12.widgetSelected(EditorWindow.java:590)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:267)
VehicleAccess

Postby VehicleAccess » Thu May 22, 2014 3:16 am

FtDLulz wrote:Got this error while saving as an .ftl:

Code: Select all

18:54:18.041 [main] ERROR com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - An error occured while saving the ship: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.IOUtils.readStream(IOUtils.java:117)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShip(ShipSaveUtils.java:161)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipSaveUtils.saveShipFTL(ShipSaveUtils.java:58)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.saveShip(EditorWindow.java:831)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.access$1100(EditorWindow.java:66)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow$12.widgetSelected(EditorWindow.java:590)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:267)

What version of Java are you using?
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Thu May 22, 2014 3:23 am

VehicleAccess wrote:
FtDLulz wrote:-snip-

What version of Java are you using?

Version 7. Also, it seems to be happening no matter what I save it as now.
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Thu May 22, 2014 5:23 am

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu May 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Hey, thank you everybody :)

Shalashalska wrote:Is there any way to set a maximum level for a system, and set a different price scaling than other ships?
I wanted to make a dodge-based ship that can only go to 2 layer shields, and for an extremely high cost.

As featherwings already said, nope, there's no way to do that on a per-ship basis :(

Edit:
For some reason, after editing the resource files with SMM, you can't load any ships.

Are you installing mods while the editor is running? Generally, you shouldn't be doing that.
The File > Reload Database option is supposed to help with that, but now I see that it's not working correctly...

Edit2:
I seem to keep getting this crash while trying to edit the 7th crew slot (every other slot works fine)

Derp. Forgot to change a number when I copied part of code. Thanks for reporting this! :)

VehicleAccess wrote:Clone bays do not work in any way, try to add one and it becomes a med bay.
Edit: Sorry, I was being moronic. They seem to be working now.

Yeah, I guess the way in which multiple systems in the same room are handled isn't too intuitive. I'll add a tooltip to explain that.

FtDLulz wrote:Got this error while saving as an .ftl:

Hm. Have you moved/renamed one of the images you used in the creation of the ship, before saving? It seems like the editor was unable to locate the file. Try to reload the images by selecting them again.
Either way, I've added some error proofing to this part of code.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu May 22, 2014 4:33 pm

No graphics ever appear. Not shields, hull, floor, or cloak.

EDIT: They actually appear, just offscreen. (Also, how do you link doors?)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu May 22, 2014 5:20 pm

agigabyte wrote:No graphics ever appear. Not shields, hull, floor, or cloak. EDIT: They actually appear, just offscreen.

Odd. When you load them for the first time, they should be centered on the ship's origin / anchor. Can you tell me how exactly you get that to happen?

(Also, how do you link doors?)

Well, the editor links the doors automatically when you save, so you don't have to link them manually.

Unless you want to do it anyway. Just select a door, then in the sidebar you can click on the buttons to start linking. Then just click on a room you wish to link the door to.
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Thu May 22, 2014 8:18 pm

The new version has a lot of things that are fantastic, except that 50% of the time it still crashes in the hangar. This is the same problem that I had when I was trying to use the previous version with advanced edition. I don't know why that has happened, but I thought it would no longer be a problem in Superluminal 2. What should I do?

Also, I had the same crewmember and saving glitch as a few others reported. (Same error logs). :!:

Also, why can't you save projects, or open .ftl files? :?:

;)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu May 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Mithrandir wrote:The new version has a lot of things that are fantastic, except that 50% of the time it still crashes in the hangar. This is the same problem that I had when I was trying to use the previous version with advanced edition. I don't know why that has happened, but I thought it would no longer be a problem in Superluminal 2. What should I do?

Huh, that is very odd, I haven't experienced that problem, and none of the testers have mentioned anything about it. I know for certain that everything gets saved correctly, since I've been testing some of the features on vanilla ships...
Could you send me the .ftl file that's causing the crash?

Also, I had the same crewmember and saving glitch as a few others reported. (Same error logs). :!:

Yup, already fixed that. As I mentioned, it was a simple mess-up on my end.

Also, why can't you save projects, or open .ftl files? :?:

I decided to scrap .shp files, since they were more trouble than they were worth ;) You can get the same result by just saving the ship as .ftl. As I mentioned earlier, I'll add .shp loading at a later date.

And you can open .ftl files, I just changed the way in which the editor handles them.
You have to go to File > Mod Management, and load a mod -- either by using the button, or dragging the .ftl/.zip file into the window. After the mod is added, you can rearrange the mods, exactly like you do in SMM.
Hitting 'Confirm' will load the mods in the desired order, and their content will become available in other parts of the editor (ship loader, weapon selection, etc)