[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Poccer77

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Postby Poccer77 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Hey, really love this mod so far, just got done implementing my first own ship :D.

However, I'd have a question regarding a certain feature: In the vanilla game, ships like the Mantis A can have "weak" systems, aka systems which cost extra scrap on their initial upgrade. I searched through the vanilla xml files, but couldn't find a mention of that feature anywhere. Is it possible to enable this in Superliminal somehow?
TheYutzWithTheHorse

Postby TheYutzWithTheHorse » Wed May 26, 2021 9:01 pm

Hello!

I wanted to start off by saying I have loved your incredible Ship Editor and have been using it for years! I am so glad you have not only made this program but have dedicated so much time to maintaining and updating it. Well done!

I did have a question though. I am currently using the Windows-64 v2.2.1 and in your FAQ notes you mention that we are no longer using .shp format and have switched to .ftl. However, in the editor it only gives you the option to open .shp and not .ftl. So all of the ships I have edited in the .ftl format I cannot load back up. This is not terrible, it just means I can't go back and edit some features on past ships after play-testing. Even when you click on open .shp, it doesn't show any .ftl files.

Thank you for your time.
Marlowe

Postby Marlowe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Saludos! I was interested in this after seeing some custom ships on Rand118's stream and wanted to give this a try. However, when I try to start a new ship, I immediately get prompted to give either the FTL Resources or the FTL App Bundle. I've tried with both of these, most recently with the Resources option (picking the "resources.dat" file in the folder for FTL), and each time it appears to open but crashes the instant I try to start a new ship. The editor log output is:

Code: Select all

13:52:15.287 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Superluminal v2.2.1
13:52:15.289 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Mac OS X 10.16
13:52:15.289 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, 11.0.5, x86_64
13:52:15.290 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - SWT v4626
13:52:15.570 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - No FTL dats path previously set.
13:52:15.899 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - FTL dats path was not located automatically. Prompting user for location.
13:53:09.044 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - FTL dats located at: /Users/rob/Games/FTL.app/Contents/Resources
13:53:09.044 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Creating database...
13:53:09.052 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.db.Database - Detected FTL version 1.01-1.5.13
13:53:09.264 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading database...
13:53:09.391 [Thread-2] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.db.BasePre16DatabaseEntry - Reading texts...
13:53:09.392 [Thread-2] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.db.BasePre16DatabaseEntry - Base Game did not contain file data/text_blueprints
13:53:09.392 [Thread-2] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.db.BasePre16DatabaseEntry - Reading blueprints...
13:53:09.486 [Thread-2] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.db.BasePre16DatabaseEntry - Base Game: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
13:53:09.756 [Thread-2] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.db.BasePre16DatabaseEntry - Base Game was loaded successfully.
13:53:09.771 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Running...
13:53:09.774 [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-1] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.UpdateCheckWorker - Checking for updates...
13:53:10.656 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.UpdateCheckWorker - Program is up to date.
13:53:14.121 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - Saving ship as /Users/rob/Applications/crash_1630950794121.ftl
13:53:14.165 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - Ship saved successfully.
13:53:14.165 [main] ERROR com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - An unexpected error has occurred and the editor was forced to terminate. java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.internal_new_GC(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.custom.ScrolledCompositeLayout.layout(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.updateLayout(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.layout(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.layout(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.custom.ScrolledComposite.setContent(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow.setSidebarContent(EditorWindow.java:1304)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.tools.ImagesTool.select(ImagesTool.java:23)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Manager.selectTool(Manager.java:280)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Manager.createNewShip(Manager.java:161)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow$11.widgetSelected(EditorWindow.java:608)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:324)

13:53:25.055 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Exiting...
13:53:25.110 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Bye

Any help is appreciated!
fdagpigj

Postby fdagpigj » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:36 am

Poccer77 wrote:However, I'd have a question regarding a certain feature: In the vanilla game, ships like the Mantis A can have "weak" systems, aka systems which cost extra scrap on their initial upgrade. I searched through the vanilla xml files, but couldn't find a mention of that feature anywhere. Is it possible to enable this in Superliminal somehow?

This is simply set in the blueprints.xml file, look for the systemBlueprint tags (after extracting the resource files, of course). Superluminal doesn't support changing this (it's only intended to assist with the otherwise relatively tedious process of creating nice looking ships), but it is moddable. However do keep in mind it will affect all loaded ships that have the systems installed at the corresponding levels.

TheYutzWithTheHorse wrote:I am currently using the Windows-64 v2.2.1 and in your FAQ notes you mention that we are no longer using .shp format and have switched to .ftl. However, in the editor it only gives you the option to open .shp and not .ftl. So all of the ships I have edited in the .ftl format I cannot load back up. This is not terrible, it just means I can't go back and edit some features on past ships after play-testing. Even when you click on open .shp, it doesn't show any .ftl files.

It's been ages since I used Superluminal but if I remember correctly, you will need to install your work-in-progress .ftl file as a mod using Slipstream Mod Manager, and then I think you should be able to load it as if it were a vanilla ship using the "load ship" option instead of open .shp.
HappyBurger

Postby HappyBurger » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:20 pm

is it possible for you to make this work with chrome OS, specifically for Chromebooks, i have a few ideas but it doesn't work with my Chromebook's OS.
The Prototyper.